Confederate flag-waving protesters greet Obama in Oklahoma

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Confederate flag-waving protesters greet Obama in Oklahoma

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/confederate-flag-waving-protesters-greet-obama-in-oklahoma/ar-AAd29dY

Now why would they do this? What is it they are trying to get across?

Amus
    Participant

What? No nooses?

I call that progress!

stevethedj
    Participant

Did anyone notice , it was a black man who orginazed the confrerate flag protest???

Amus
    Participant

And that makes it OK. Right?

FYI;

Stupid comes in all colors.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Yep.

duxrule
    Participant

I DID notice that Steve’s last post was in Klingon or something. That doesn’t appear to be English.

Amus
    Participant

jIHvaD Hagh chenmoH Steve

RobP
    Participant

Jeez, a guy makes a typo in his post and you holier-than-thou-liberal asshats fall over yourselves ripping him apart for it.

Go back into your basements and continue your circle jerking.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Yeah, I’m sure it’s a lot easier to live with the regular spanking you’ve got here when you picture losers in basements…

Too bad the reality is far different from that. “Those liberals” you are writing to here are accomplished people. Too bad, so sad.

skeptical
    Participant

Meanwhile, I drove by the Jefferson Davis Memorial along I-5 in Clark county — the two flags flying have the stars and bars in them. Also, at the Rebel fuel stop — exit 27(?) south of Kalama, the confederate flag is still part of their branding . . . Is SW Washington a refugee area for misplaced Southerners? I mentioned this before, but Clark county looks like a place right out of the south. The area 78th street and St. John’s Rd looks right out of down home Alabama.

duxrule
    Participant

You do know that the nickname is “Vantucky,” don’t you?

skeptical
    Participant

I do. Vantucky was my parent’s choice for us after spending half by childhood in Seattle. So it was goodbye KJR, hello KISN. When I turned 16, I split across the river for Oregon permanently — goodbye Dan Evans, hello Tom McCall. 🙂

DanOregon
    Participant

Oklahoma’s civil war history is interesting. It wasn’t a state, but Indian Territory and the chiefs of the five main tribes aligned with the Confederacy.
    Don’t know how that translates to today, or if there are still pro-Confederacy leanings among Native Americans there – I do know the state has a troubled racial history as documented by the Tulsa Race Riots of 1921.

Vitalogy
    Participant

The KKK shows what “southern pride” is all about.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/confederate-flag-furor/kkk-rallies-south-carolina-statehouse-defense-confederate-flag-n394631

They say pictures say a thousand words.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Did anybody notice that in the the photo in the MSN story linked from the first post of this page, there are several Black people among the Confederate flag supporters? One of them is a man who is waving one of the flags.

I do not understand the motivation behind this protest, though I would not be surprised if these people sincerely thought that they were working to “reclaim” the good name of the Confederate flag.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.