compromising position

This topic contains 41 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Andy Brown 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author

bookemdono
    Participant

Just now making the news of the day. Russian hackers claiming to have compromising personal information on Trump. Could be the reason he was so strident in his refusal to grasp the severity of the alleged hacking by Russia and its interference with the election.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/10/politics/donald-trump-intelligence-report-russia/

paulwalker
    Participant

This is being treated as “Breaking News” on CNN, but then again almost all stories are treated as such on CNN. But I digress.

This story is indeed interesting. Perhaps the ultimate reason the Russians wanted Trump to win is because they have this information. If true, what a twist.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  paulwalker.

bookemdono
    Participant

Would not be shocked if it turns out true. Its been suspected and suggested as a possible reason why only pre-election release of hacked materials focused on the dems. The good stuff was being saved in case Trump actually won. It all sounds plausible but at the same time it sounds like something of a spy fiction novel.

We’ll just have to see how it plays out.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

Here’s some early analysis:

What CNN’s Report on Trump and Russia Does and Doesn’t Say

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/01/what-cnns-bombshell-report-does-and-doesnt-say/512747/

And more: (Ron Wyden asks some pointed questions about the Russkis)

Lawmakers broach possible Trump campaign coordination with Russia

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/trump-russia-campaign-coordination-233439

skeptical
    Participant

Sex tape?

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

Ok, first, yuck.

Thanks for that image.

We’re forced to speculate, but it’s likely a series of embarrassing details that highlight and inarguably prove that Donald Trump is both a massive liar and is embroiled in massive (and potentially illegal) conflicts of interest in addition to crushing ethical lapses completely at odds with the office of the presidency.

There’s been forest fires level of smoke that’s been pointing to that conclusion for months; 100% ignored by Trump supporters and (largely) ineffectively pursued by journalists.

Of course, not helped by Donald’s galaxy class levels of lying and obfuscation coupled with a massive support network designed to refute and then attack any criticism, no matter how objectively valid, of their new favorite strong man.

IMO Donald and The GOP are in for a bumpy ride. It’ll be interesting to watch who are the first Republicans to begin unbuckling their safety belts and bail from the car before it barrels over a cliff.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Actually, it looks like it’s sort of a sex tape thing. But even worse. Inauguration is less 10 days away and now this comes out? LOL.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/a8584701/reports-allege-trump-hired-prostitutes-golden-showers/

A 35-page dossier that details President-elect Donald Trump’s ties with Russia was published for the first time in full by Buzzfeed on Tuesday evening, and revealed a particularly surprising allegation involving Trump hiring prostitutes to pee on a hotel bed.

According to the dossier, Trump brought hired prostitutes to his hotel suite in Moscow’s Ritz Carlton, where he knew President Barack and Michelle Obama had slept, and asked them to defile the bed by peeing on it. From page 2 of the dossier: “According to Source D, where s/he had been present, TRUMP’s (perverted) conduct in Moscow included hiring the presidential suite of the Ritz Carlton Hotel, where he knew President and Mrs OBAMA (whom he hated) had stayed on one of their official trips to Russia, and defiling the bed where they had slept by employing a number of prostitutes to perform a ‘golden showers’ (urination) show in front of him.”

As Buzzfeed mentions, the dossier is still unverified, and was reportedly written and published by a former British intelligence agent. The report has been circulated among journalists, elected officials, and intelligence agents for weeks, but Buzzfeed was the first to publish the entire thing as a standalone document, so that “Americans can make up their own minds about allegations about the president-elect that have circulated at the highest levels of the US government.”

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Vitalogy.

paulwalker
    Participant

I can’t speak to those details, but I will predict the next 2-3 weeks will be one of the most interesting times in US government in recent decades. I also standby my earlier prediction that if sworn in, Trump will likely not complete even one term.

Langston
    Participant

“Tinkle, Tinkle, little czar.”

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

It doesn’t seem wholly credible at the moment. It’s going to require a great deal more fact checking and verification than seems to be available at the moment.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

Another thought: I agree with Paul. Completely to the first point, with guarded agreement to the second.

Langston
    Participant

From the first black president to the first blackmailed president. Is this progress?

paulwalker
    Participant

Wake up folks, this story is just beginning…

Check out this:

https://warontherocks.com/2016/11/trolling-for-trump-how-russia-is-trying-to-destroy-our-democracy/

And here is the key paragraph:

“But most observers are missing the point. Russia is helping Trump’s campaign, yes, but it is not doing so solely or even necessarily with the goal of placing him in the Oval Office. Rather, these efforts seek to produce a divided electorate and a president with no clear mandate to govern. The ultimate objective is to diminish and tarnish American democracy. Unfortunately, that effort is going very well indeed.”

There is something going on here that is geo-political, and the U.S. needs to take the upper hand sooner than later.

Andrew
    Participant

You’re on fire tonight, Langston!

Trust me – all of this sounds so incredibly crazy and far fetched that I could never have believed it…a year ago. But now?

I suspect Republicans in Congress are not going to need too much prompting to jettison the new president, if any of this stuff has any bit of truth. You have to wonder if this stuff isn’t going to start coming out bit by bit. I still won’t predict anything – but if Republicans wanted to jettison Golden Boy, they’d probably want to do it sooner rather than later.

paulwalker
    Participant

This seems to be quite seriously a major issue here 9 days before the Trump inaguaration. Fasten your seatbelts, it is going to be a bumpy ride. (quote from: All Above Eve 1950).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.