Comey's new book coming…

This topic contains 31 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  cbaravelli 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Chris_taylor
    Participant

It’s been leaked out to some media outlets, the GOP is planning to attack the book as fake news and lies. FOX News is in full throttle attack of Comey, FBI and Justice Department.

Should be an interesting week when it’s released next Tuesday.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Yes. I am interested in what Comey has to say.

Chris_taylor
    Participant

Add to the fact that Mueller’s investigation into the presidents possible obstruction of justice is concluding without a possible interview with Trump. From one article I read today:

“Trump’s attempts to obstruct justice include: His intent to fire former FBI Director James Comey; his role in the crafting of a misleading public statement on the nature of a June 2016 Trump Tower meeting between his son and Russians; Trump’s dangling of pardons before grand jury witnesses who might testify against him; and pressuring Attorney General Jeff Sessions not to recuse himself from the Russia investigation.”

Andy Brown
    Participant

Wait, there will be more. That’s just what’s been revealed now.

“Over the past 24 hours, a steady stream of embarrassing details from the book has emerged, including that chief of staff John Kelly allegedly called Trump “dishonorable” for firing Comey and that the president urged Comey to investigate unsubstantiated rumors that he was secretly filmed with prostitutes urinating in front of him in a Moscow hotel room. The New York Daily News pounced on the latter revelation with a front-page headline that read, “Pee Brain.”

The White House press shop originally had assumed the Comey book would relitigate the former FBI director’s past testimony and statements, just repackaged into a different form, said one former White House official and one Republican close to the administration.

The communications staff was caught by surprise when excerpts of the book also raised the question of the existence of the “pee tape” and talked about the size of the president’s hands — details they were unprepared for and that set off a scramble inside the West Wing.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/13/james-comey-trump-white-house-response-522057

radiodork
    Participant

Pathetic! All these dems and their mastubatory fantasies reading salacious tabloid stories about Trump with zero credibility in Comeys book. It sounds like Chris and Andy Brown have already pre ordered their copy off Amazon. The question I have for Chris and Andy is, did you also purchase a bottle of Lotion with your book?

missing_kskd
    Participant

Hey Dork. 😀

Trump is no angel. He’s a hot mess, good at stirring up shit.

A good thing here is a lot of corruption is long overdue to see daylight.

Including Trumps own.

That is where the house cleaning really is.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Dork, you brainless twit, you’re so inbred you might as well be a sandwich.

radiodork
    Participant

“You’re so inbred you might as well be a 🥪.
    (Face plant) oh Andy I’m seriously embarrassed for you. Quick, you have time to delete your post and that horrible joke.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  radiodork.

Brianl
    Participant

Dork, it’s plainly clear to many of us in here that you’re short a few chromosomes.

radiogeek
    Participant

There’s always a percentage of the population that cannot get it, and cannot evolve. Or gets a thrill from being contrary just to see whose blood pressure increases.

Some folks after WWII was over and Europe lay in ruins still praised Mussolini because during his reign the trains ran on time.

missing_kskd
    Participant

In all seriousness the little things really matter.

One of the pillars for the progressive effort is to evaluate by region to understand what those are. Traffic, parks, local service types of things really impact people.

Speaking to those, with solid plans associated with correct expression of desired outcomes is very powerful. Counts for a lot.

A lot of Our Revolution wins are due to these kinds of efforts.

cbaravelli
    Participant

Amusing.
    18 months ago, some y’all wanted FBI Director James Comey flailed, hung, drawn and quartered with the remnants fed to the dogs. Now, he’s yer hero?
    Comey is a mountain of a man and a good Director. But, he is a ‘blue’ crock-odile. Comey bet on the odds-on favorite candidate and lost. President is just draining the D.C. swamp.
    I recall three posters here wrote the FBI is above politics … bwahahaha!
    Had an interest in buying and actually reading A Higher Royalty. Seems his book has little to add to what was already leaked or published in the WaPOST.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  cbaravelli.

cbaravelli
    Participant

Hey radiodork! Arguing with an engineer is like mud wrestling a pig. After a while, you realize he likes it.

Andrew
    Participant

I hear it’s a terrible book. Not only is it riddled with spelling errors and egregious punctuation mistakes, there are a good number of run-on sentences, nonsensical analogies, and even some song attributions that are obviously wrong. (Sorry, Mr. Comey, I don’t care if “Stairway to Heaven” is your favorite song, it WASN’T written by Three Dog Night!).

This is really an embarrassing first book for such a high-profile former FBI director. I hope he fares better with his next effort.

missing_kskd
    Participant

I don’t really care so much about that. It’s unfortunate, but I’m more interested in the detail. I think Comey has a lot to say, and I think this mess of corruption unraveling is a very good thing overall.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.