Columbia Gorge Radio Happenings

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Seguedad 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Filings at the FCC, LOUIS A. DE SITTER is assigning K299BB/THE DALLES, OR and the construction permit for K296GO/PARKDALE, OR to RADIO TIERRA for no cash consideration. DESITTER is also selling K240DA/STEVENSON, WA to CLAUDIO LOPEZ, also for no cash consideration.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

In filings with the FCC, SUNNYLANDS BROADCASTING, LLC is selling AC KRSX (STAR 95.9)/GOLDENDALE-THE DALLES, WA to GORGE COUNTRY MEDIA, INC. for $100,000 ($20,000 cash, $80,000 in a promissory note) plus an LMA before slising. [Can’t figure out last word to correct]

Chico
    Participant

Closing?

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Filings with the FCC, HAYSTACK BROADCASTING, INC. is selling Country KYYT (GORGE COUNTRY Y102) and News-Talk KLCK-A/GOLDENDALE, WA and K276EE/THE DALLES, OR to GORGE COUNTRY MEDIA, INC. for $725,000 ($395,000 in a promissory note).

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

HAYSTACK BROADCASTING, INC. has closed on the sale of Country KYYT (GORGE COUNTRY Y102) and News-Talk KLCK-A/GOLDENDALE, WA and K276EE/THE DALLES, OR to GORGE COUNTRY MEDIA, INC. for $725,000.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

WALLA WALLA UNIVERSITY has closed on the sale of K243BX/SKAMANIA, WA and K293CC/CENTERVILLE, WA to SAGA BROADCASTING, LLC for $50,000.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access

BICOASTAL MEDIA LICENSES IV, LLC is transferring K292GO/MOSIER, OR to co-owned BICOASTAL MEDIA LICENSES V, LLC for no consideration; the translator is being moved to rebroadcast News-Talk KPNW-A/EUGENE, OR.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

DR. MIKE ISENHART is selling K223AZ/CHELAN, WA to LARSON-WYNN, INC. for $999. The buyer plans to move the translator to rebroadcast Adult Standards KODL-A (RADIOFRESHING)/THE DALLES, OR, which presently rebroadcasts on K256AC/THE DALLES.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

LOUIS A. DE SITTER is selling K296GO/PARKDALE, OR to RADIO TIERRA for $5. The translator rebroadcasts low power Spanish Variety KZAS-LP/HOOD RIVER, OR.

El_Chico
    Participant

It was my understanding that non-commercial station are not supposed to air paid commercials. I travel to Hood River a lot and her a bunch of what are clearly paid for commercial at Radio Tierra. It shure does not sound like a non-commercial community station, it sound very commercial; like it’s competing directly with El Rey or La Zeta

semoochie
    Participant

Is there a call to action? You can say who you are, what you do and how to find you but you can’t say, “Come on in and save 10% off all widgets.”.

El_Chico
    Participant

Can you say, there would be beer and tacos at a rodeo and mention the admission cost?

Andy Brown
    Participant

I don’t think that is kosher. You can say there would be beer, tacos and that there is an admission cost but I don’t think you can put a value on it as that would not be considered ‘value neutral.’

But I’m a wrench (engineer) not a Porsche owner (lawyer).

https://www.fcc.gov/media/radio/nature-of-educational-broadcasting

chessyduck
    Participant

OpenSkyRadio’s KJYV 101.5 FM in The Dalles is apparently on the air now … part of the Jive Radio formatted family. KJYV is independently programmed from KJIV in Madrad; the latter is available streamed at JiveRadio’s website or on their Android app. I downloaded Jive Radio’s app and do enjoy the wide playlist which is an eccletic mix of rock and folk-rock.

KJYV is a C3 running just 175 watts ERP but is at 1850′ HAAT…. not bad coverage..

chessyduck
    Participant

Apparently OpenSkyRadio shelled out $35K to buy KDOA to bring the 101.5 FM signal back to life as KJYV. JiveRadio’s KJIV Madras streams on the internet and is worth a listen. It;s a nice 128 Kbps strream at JiveRadio.org or directly at : http://50.7.71.27:9616/index.html?sid=1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.