Collusion: It's what's for dinner

This topic contains 68 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Amus 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • Author

Vitalogy
    Participant

Case closed, only a matter of time now. The Trump campaign colluded with Russia. Period. End of story.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/341386-trump-jr-was-told-potential-info-on-clinton-was-coming-from-russian

Lock Them Up!!!!

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

It’s damning. And Donald Trump Jr. is not actually contesting any of it at this point. They’re all clamming up, and/or continuing to deflect, have surrogates lie for them, and lawyering up.

From the article:

“The June 3, 2016, email sent to Donald Trump Jr. could hardly have been more explicit: One of his father’s former Russian business partners had been contacted by a senior Russian government official and was offering to provide the Trump campaign with dirt on Hillary Clinton.

The documents “would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father,” read the email, written by a trusted intermediary, who added, “This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.”

If the future president’s elder son was surprised or disturbed by the provenance of the promised material — or the notion that it was part of an ongoing effort by the Russian government to aid his father’s campaign — he gave no indication.

He replied within minutes: “If it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer.”

Four days later, after a flurry of emails, the intermediary wrote back, proposing a meeting in New York on Thursday with a “Russian government attorney.”

Damning?

Is this the end of the Trump presidency then?

Oh no!

Amus
    Participant

Seriously,

Is this OK with you?
    This isn’t fake news.
    This is not being denied.
    They’re trying to say it’s OK because everyone does opposition research.
    But this was collusion with a hostile foreign country.

Can you answer two point blank questions?
    (I’m not holding my breath)

1. Is it OK with you that the Trump campaign worked with a hostile foreign power to gain an upper hand in the election of the president and then lied about it until it became obvious, and even now keeps changing their story as evidence mounts?

2. If so, would you be OK with it if Hillary had done the same thing.

Whatever integrity you may think you have hangs in the balance.

Langston
    Participant

We all know Bacon’s answers:

1. Yes
    2. No

Politics is dirty business Amus. And what of the goods that they might have had on Hillary? What does that say about her (if there had been any) and why shouldn’t that have come to light regardless of how it cam to light? Anyway, it seems that this turned out to be nothing. I do not doubt for a second that Hillary would happily have used any information funneled to her from the Kremlin or any other “hostile” source. Who knows what she went looking for and where?

Donald Trump Jr. has released his email trail. He didn’t erase is emails or toss his server into the river or smash his cell phone with a hammer. He is being very transparent about this.

Brianl
    Participant

He is being “transparent”, AFTER the New York Times let the cat out of the bag. He’s also trying to save his own ass.

Perhaps Hillary didn’t feel the need to do so, because she didn’t do something like collude with a hostile foreign government?

Andy Brown
    Participant

Notice how bacon did not answer either of Amus’ questions. Instead he tried to make the discussion about Hillary and also spin drumpf jr as transparent.

He’s not transparent bacon, he’s an idiot. Like you.

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

I sure hope you’re paying Dan a lot of money for all of his valuable bandwidth you waste with your useless drivel, bacon.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

Fuck you, troll.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

Ethics lawyer to former President George W. Bush, Richard Painter, told MSNBC over the weekend that the early reporting that said Trump Jr. met with lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya to get information on Clinton “borders on treason if it is not itself treason.”

“Let’s cut through the baloney here. We know what the Russians have been doing,” Painter said during a later appearance on the network. “… When the Russians call or someone calls on behalf of the Russians and offers derogatory information about a former secretary of State who is a presidential candidate, the first person you call is the FBI.”

“I don’t care if you’re Republican, as I am, or a Democrat. You call the FBI. The last thing you do is go meet with the Russians to try and get the derogatory information,” he went on. “They’re only trying do that in order to use you to accomplish some purpose. And we know what that is — it is undermining our system of representative democracy.”

Painter put it more bluntly on Twitter: “This is treason,” he wrote. “He must have known that the only way Russia would get such information was by spying.”

Painter added in a secondary message: “In the Bush administration we could have had him in custody for questioning by now.”

It’s not fake news. It happened. Keeping mind: Trump Jr, Trump, and endless connected surrogates have been lying about it for months, only now “showing transparancy” mere hours before the New York Times was set to publish the entire e-mail exchange which clearly shows that Russia preferred that Donald Trump win, and that they were willing to aid the Trump campaign.

Put a (D) in front of Trump’s name and the impeachment hearings would already be underway. It’s beyond contest.

Brianl
    Participant

Trump is losing his own base. Fast. And a lot of Congressional Republicans are distancing themselves, if nothing else than for protecting themselves come next November and those midterms.

The emails that are out are also proving Pence to be a lying sack of doo … to be honest, I don’t know how much he knew of the collusion, but his flat and consistent denials of any wrongdoing do put blood on his hands.

Amus
    Participant

History will not treat Republicans in the House & Senate well for having let it get this far.

Amus
    Participant

Notice how bacon did not answer either of Amus’ questions.

I noticed that Andy.

Why is that Bacon?

Why can’t you have the decency to have an actual discussion?

You never own your stuff, then you bitch and moan about being called a troll and other naughty names.

Personally, I’m not offended by dirty words.
    Sticks and stones and that.

Two things that would bother be is being called out as a hypocrite or willfully ignorant. Were that to happen, and I found there was a grain of truth in it, I’d want to correct it.

These are qualities you have in spades but when called out on it you ignore it and move on to the next opportunity to do the same thing.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Amus.

skeptical
    Participant

Nixon, and probably Herb, is smiling about the whole thing, you know, no longer the most crooked president ever.

The Trump Shit Show, hands down the most entertaining political drama of all time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.