Coastal Radio Happenings

This topic contains 187 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  mwdxer1 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 188 total)
  • Author

mwdxer1
    Participant

Apparently we have a new FM station now. licensed to Gearhart (Seaside), KEUB 93.3 6.7 KW. TX location Tillamook Head where everything else is. Right now they are running non stop Christmas music. Probably stunting until they will run another format. That gives the North Coast nearly 20 fM’s including a bunch on translators. 4 FM stations in the Seaside/Cannon Beach/Gearhart area alone. Soon KSWB 840 will be putting a translastor on 98.1. I just wonder how all of these stations can support themselves.

jr_tech
    Participant

Mostly covered here by KKNU, but I hear somebody singing “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year” in the background with my antenna pointed west so that must be it. Thanks for the heads up!

mwdxer1
    Participant

Seattle 93.3 now is covered up by KEUB here. However, in some cases an HD signal from Seattle will wipe out the local with my FM6 yagi. I have ordered a new Korner 9.2 FM antenna that has much better F/B (In the 30+ DB range), and has higher Forward gain, so it will be interesting to see if I get Seattle back. Now 94.9 and 96.5 co channel with Seattle, they will pop in wiping out the locals, but with the FM6 up 20 feet I am still on the edge with it as the F/B and forward gain is not that great. With the Sony XFR receiver, the HD is very interesting.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

RADIO BEAM, LLC has closed on the sale of K239BO/NEWPORT, OR to RICHARD A. LINN for $25,000.

mwdxer1
    Participant

We have another FM, a 250w translator relaying 840 KSWB. Three new FMs in the past few months. 93.3 Gearhart, 98.1 Seaside, and 106.3 Astoria.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

THE KBOO FOUNDATION has closed on the sale of K297BN/SMITHVILLE, WA (now K251CD/SEASIDE, OR) to KSWB PRODUCTIONS LLC for $10,000. The buyer plans to move the translator to rebroadcast Oldies KSWB-A (840 GOLD)/SEASIDE, OR.

mwdxer1
    Participant

It is on now. 98.1 does relay KSWB, ERP 250w. Been on for a couple weeks. Covers the area pretty well too from a location right on top of the AM tower.

Patrick
    Seaside

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

MEDIA INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CHANGE has closed on the sale of K219KU/NEHALEM, OR to CASCADE EDUCATIONAL BROADCAST SERVICE/ABN/XRAY.FM for an undisclosed price. The translator will rebroadcast Eclectic KXRY (XRAY.FM)/PORTLAND, which CASCADE operates under an LMA with licensee COMMON FREQUENCY, LLC

mwdxer1
    Participant

I get most of what is on the air in Northern Tillamook County, but if 91.7 Nehalem is on the air, I don’t get a peep. Their pattern shows a very deep null to the North to protect KMUN 91.9 Astoria I would guess. KXRY streaming is good here though.I use a fairly high gain FM Yagi too.

boisebill
    Participant

Is KDUN 1030 back on?
    Didn’t listen long enough last night but the usual KTWO & Californian (Mexican format) had another station in there.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Yesterday afternoon, I was hearing a very good signal on KSWB 840; it was significantly stronger than normal. Then, KSWB faded out momentarily, and I started hearing KKNX, despite having my antenna turned to null it out.

Broadway
    Participant

>>Is KDUN 1030 back on?
    Use to be able to receive them in Salem during the day but have not been able to for months…

mwdxer1
    Participant

I do not think KDUN is back on, as I have not noted them here.

boisebill
    Participant

Since the FCC was never notified that they were silent I guess it doesn’t matter if they’ve been off for more than a yer. Right 😉
    `

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

GOSPEL ECHO, INC. has closed on the sale of K278BH/ASTORIA, OR to SALEM’s INSPIRATION MEDIA, INC. for $33,000. The buyer plans to move the translator to rebroadcast Religion KGNW-A/BURIEN-SEATTLE, WA.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 188 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.