Coastal Radio Happenings

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 197 total)
  • Author
    bossjock
    Participant

I came across this today:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Boss-FM-Radio-Newport-Oregon/214728781880527

I’ve heard and seen stories about this gal, but all I can say to this is wow…just, wow.

paulwalker
    Participant

“wow”, not really. If you know Cheryl, this is her way of communicating. And she is a communicator. She obviously has found facebook and frankly this is her personality. I see nothing wrong here, in fact, it is quite endearing. Move on…

bossjock
    Participant

“I see nothing wrong here, in fact, it is quite endearing.”

On her personal FB page, she’s entitled to do what she wants. But on the station’s?

Isn’t doing business (radio or anything else) along the coast tough enough without compromising a free tool that could connect with listeners and add value for sponsors?

paulwalker
    Participant

bossjock, I get your point. However, doing business on the coast is quite personal, and what you see is what you get. Cheryl is real. Most clients she deals with realize that. (In other words, everyone knows everyone on the coast, and her facebook posts are not important in the long run.) Beyond that, I re-read her posts (that you linked to), and don’t see anything that would be considered out of order. Quirky, yes? Out of order, no.

RadioBuggie
    Participant

..and ‘flaunty’? – –

(ehhhmmm) – – ‘maybe’…

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

CLEAN AIR BROADCASTING COMPANY has closed on the sale of the construction permit for a new [89.5] FM at COOS BAY, OR to UCB USA, INC. for $5,000.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

UCB USA Inc. is a charity affiliated with United Christian Broadcasters, owners of KDOV FM & LP-TV Medford with repeater KDPO Port Orford, plus 9 FM translators.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

Former KBCH Co-Owner/Air Personality, Connie Comer Has Died At Age 89

Connie Comer and family owned KBCH under the name Lincoln Electronics, Inc. which at the time was licensed to Oceanlake. Connie hosted KBCH’s first Woman’s Program from 1955 to 1959. She was also KBCH Women’s Director with her former husband, Bill Comer who was General Manager & Program Director and Bill’s father, Clayton Comer as President.

Connie G. Bowen, obit:

http://obits.oregonlive.com/obituaries/oregon/obituary.aspx?n=connie-graves-bowen&pid=158212197

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Former Sacramento Radio Personality Gordon Styler Dies

Condolences to family and friends of former SACRAMENTO radio personality GORDON STYLER, who died JUNE 18th at 65, according to the SACRAMENTO BEE.

STYLER worked at the old KZAP/SACRAMENTO in the 1970s and later worked at crosstown KFBK-A and KRAK-A (now KHTK-A).

More recently, he lived in ASTORIA, OR, operating a guitar shop and hosting a weekend show on noncommercial KMUN/ASTORIA.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

In other filings with the FCC, CARLOS ARANA MINISTRIES is selling noncommercial Spanish Religion KGIO and K211ET (RADIO CADENA MANANTIAL)/ASTORIA, OR to CENTRO FAMILIAR CRISTIANO for $45,000 ($5,000 deposit, $5,000 cash at closing, the rest, less an amount covering the payoff of an existing $20,000-principal note, in a promissory note).

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

In other filings with the FCC, KSWB LICENSEE, LLC is selling KSWB/SEASIDE, OR to JOHN CHAPMAN’s KSWB PRODUCTIONS, LLC for $74,000 plus an LMA before closing. CHAPMAN already owned 49% of the station, with CALCOMM STATIONS OREGON, LLC (CAL BRADY and JOHANNE L. MILLER) owning 51%, which it is selling to CHAPMAN.

semoochie
    Participant

KRKZ 94.3 Netarts has applied to move its Class A facility to Chinook WA. To keep a presence in Netarts, KTIL has applied to re-license there.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Partner Sells His Half Of Oregon Duo

JOEL LEMON is selling his 50% interest in LIGHTHOUSE RADIO GROUP, licensee of Religion KYTT-F (K-LIGHT) and Smooth Jazz KYSJ (105.9 THE WAVE)/COOS BAY, OR, to partner HARRY ABEL and MICHAEL GAUDETTE for an undisclosed price. After the transaction, GAUDETTE will hold 51% and ABEL 49% of the company.

W7PAT
    Participant

Seems that KTIL can’t keep a station in Tillamook.

Marianagy
    Participant

The KTIL group has 4 stations in Tillamook. KTIL has been here since 1946, don’t think it’s going anywhere.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION is selling FM translator K219KU/NEHALEM, OR to MEDIA INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL CHANGE for $10,000.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

What is Media Institute For Social Change?

http://www.nwisc.com/about_us/

Or This?

http://cinema.usc.edu/mediainstituteforsocialchange/index.cfm

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 197 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.