Coastal Radio Happenings

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 330 total)
  • Author
    mwdxer1
    Participant

Thanks for the complete update. KCYS is back on the air today with Country as stated, IDs are something like C96, Clatsop County Country station.

bossjock
    Participant

rebranded “The Rock” and two years later is the No.1 Nielsen-rated radio station in the county

Show your work, Mr. Jacobs. Astoria-Seaside isn’t a Nielsen market, and the last Eastlan was spring 2018.

chessyduck
    Participant

This morning (6:15am) KCUP over-the-air is carrying Christmas tunes while the web-stream is rock-music. Obviously some technical issues…

chessyduck
    Participant

If it’s February it must be Christmas somewhere…. KCUP is still stunting holiday music on 1230 AM . Their Internet stream is carrying the much-promised talk format. Someone needs to bounce a Barix box in Toledo.

chessyduck
    Participant

The sales agreement for the KCYS sale from the Heick estate to Jacobs Radio has been posted by the FCC.

* $5000 License (+ paying for legal/filing fees)
    * $45000 Equipment (mostly the transmission gear, e.g. transmitter, STL, EAS, etc.)

Jacobs also owns licenses for:

* KLKY (FM), Stanfield, Oregon: FAC#164091
    * KWCQ (FM), Condon, Oregon: FAC#164221
    * KWDR (FM), Royal City, Washington: FAC#166057
    * KEUB (FM), Gearhart, Oregon: FAC#191527
    * KEUB-FM1, Astoria, Oregon: FAC# 203309

Details of the sale can be found here:

https://enterpriseefiling.fcc.gov/dataentry/views/public/assignmentDraftCopy?displayType=html&appKey=25076ff377b564520177b609a2060231&id=25076ff377b564520177b609a2060231&goBack=N

If not found one can get to the data by looking up KCYS on FCCDATA.ORG.

chessyduck
    Participant

All the websites for Yaquina Bay Radio appear down for many days now. KBCH and KWDP seem to be carrying the same content too. I know KNPT’s talk show feeds took a hit for a few days but have now returned. What’s the latest with phantom KYTE? One can only imagine…

Broadway
    Participant

KYTE still broadcasting from Newport

Chico
    Participant

I wonder how Jacobs manages to make any money. The Stanfield and Condon signals feed Tri-Cities translators, and the Royal City one feeds translators in the Tri-Cities and Wenatchee, but still.

chessyduck
    Participant

Apparently a second party (Vincent Shiflet) based in Kennewick owns the non-fill-in translators for Jacobs’ KWDR in Royal City, a little Class A, importing the signals into the Tri-Cities and Wenatchee areas. Shiflet also relays Jacobs’ KWCO Condon into the Tri-Cities.(Shiflet’s third Tri-Cities translator is K237DP…perhaps carrying EMF)

chessyduck
    Participant

Correction: I meant to say “KWCQ” Condon. Per the last filing K237DP was carrying Jacob’s KLKY “U Rock” out of Stanfield (Hermiston).

I suspect Tri-Cities is a more profitable market than the Northwest Oregon Coast.

paulwalker
    Participant

Btw, Jacobs worked for me as a teen in the 90’s. I knew him to be a very gifted air talent, but also very smart as has been proven by his business acumen. Congrats, Jeff.

chessyduck
    Participant

KCUP seems to be in talk-format mode. I even heard an OAB-sponsored PSA. Hopefully the owner can find some advertising to keep the (tower) lights on.

chessyduck
    Participant

It’s good to hear AM 840 KSWB’s audio stream back up on the Internet. It’s at kswbradio.com .

That’s much more than can be said for the KCYS’s web presence at this point.

mwdxer1
    Participant

I think at least in Clatsop County people listen to FM or a stream. Streaming seems to be more popular than it used to be

chessyduck
    Participant

I did find this semi-interesting 2016 video clip of Jeff Jacobs launching his KWDR station (102.3 Tri-Cities translator). The station has since switched formats to “Tri Country 102.3).

https://www.facebook.com/Jacobsradioprogramming/videos/vb.1493814714278503/1644458059214167/?type=2&theater

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 330 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.