Coastal Radio Happenings

This topic contains 178 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  Craig_Adams 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 179 total)
  • Author

pdxgary98
    Participant

KCNU may also wait until KSHL moves to Eugene.

bossjock
    Participant

From today’s TRI newsletter from Radio-Info:

In Astoria, Oregon, a reversal of the typical AM station “music-to-sports” pattern, as Ohana Media Group declares “game over” at all-sports KKEE (1230). On Monday, it’s going classic country as “The Spirit of the West.” And after nearly 11 years, the station’s returning to its original call letters of KVAS. Ohana’s ops manager Kris Edwards says “we get calls all the time for songs we don’t play on The Eagle 103.9, like Johnny Cash, George Jones or Patsy Cline.” Ohana GM Jackson Dell Weaver has easy access to the KVAS calls since he’s using them on “Eagle 103.9”, licensed to Ilwaco, Washington. The classic country station will include Fox News Radio, local news and weather, University of Oregon Ducks football, and – when there’s an NBA season again – the Blazers.

Pat
    Participant

Good move. I sure wish Portland had a Classic Country station.

Astoria can get sports from KIRO, KJR, KXTG, so they really didn’t need a sports station of their own.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

Here the official word from All Access:

KKEE-A To Flip To Classic Country On Monday, And Switch Calls To KVAS

On MONDAY, NOVEMBER 14th at 6a (PT), OHANA MEDIA GROUP Sports KKEE-A/ASTORIA, OR will flip to Classic Country. The station will also switch calls to KVAS, which were also the previous calls before changing to KKEE.

The announcement was made by GM JACKSON DELL WEAVER, saying that the new KKEE will be known as “THE SPIRIT OF THE WEST 1230,” and will be programmed by OM KRIS EDWARDS.

KVAS will feature FOX NEWS throughout the day, as well as local news and weather from sister News station KAST-A.

the_radio_guy
    Participant

Since the KVAS calls are returning to 1230, I’m guessing that 103.9 will become KKEE.

Pat
    Participant

It could be key country KKEE.

field_strength
    Participant

More likely they will be KVAS AM & FM.

yahmit
    Participant

KSHL is moving to Eugene?

semoochie
    Participant

It’s for a Class C3, on 97.7, licensed to Coburg.

mort
    Participant

If KNRQ ever moves to Portland, Cumulus may want to replace the frequency in Eugene.

semoochie
    Participant

I don’t understand your point. KNRQ can’t move to Aloha or KSHL to Coberg until KACI moves off of 97.7 and that’s tied up until KWLZ moves to West Linn.

Broadway
    Participant

Is ping pong an FCC term— 😀

field_strength
    Participant

“KNRQ can’t move to Aloha or KSHL to Coberg until KACI moves off of 97.7 and that’s tied up until KWLZ moves to West Linn. “

How exactly are the KACI/KNRQ moves dependent on KWLZ? I can’t find the connection. Please explain.

semoochie
    Participant

I believe this is correct: There’s an application for 98.1 in Nadras. There was a recent rulemaking procedure that changed that allocation to 96.5, with the understanding that the application would be amended to specify operation on that frequency, in order for KNRQ to increase to a Class C1 at Aloha. KWLZ is still broadcasting on 96.5 in Warm Springs. They have to move to West Linn on 96.3 before the Madras station can be built. When I made my earlier comments, I was thinking it was an existing station, moving from 98.1, therefore blocking 97.9. It just occurred to me that having a C1 in Madras could very well prevent KWLZ from being anything more than a C3 at West Linn.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

CLEAN AIR BROADCASTING COMPANY is selling the construction permit for a new FM at COOS BAY, OR to UCB USA, INC. for $5,000.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 179 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.