Coastal Radio Happenings

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 262 total)
  • Author
    russell-curry
    Participant

What kind of antenna is the Smeter Newport receiver using?

chessyduck
    Participant

I noticed Coos Community Radio, KJAJ-LP, now has a Shoutcast server. The 98.1 LPFM now can be heard at:

http://198.245.50.150:9514/listen.pls?sid=1

The Coos Bay station’s website is kjaj.org .
    They’ll need to clean up their underwriting announcements… too much call-to-action content.

russell-curry
    Participant

I’m wondering if KYTE still mentions all those inland cities in their legal ID? I absolutely can’t pick it up from this part of Eugene.

Broadway
    Participant

RadioTVDeals.com also shows a 50kw AM for sale that reaches Eugene market and border to border reference…selling KDUN?

boisebill
    Participant

If it was KDUN due-diligence would turn up some not so good results. Wouldn’t have too much trouble proving that they’ve been off the air and it’s DOA. One of the things the FCC checks is the power bill.

Screamer
    Participant

If KDUN has been off the air for multiple years, wouldn’t the fines alone be more than what you could realistically sell it for?

chessyduck
    Participant

KDUN did burn through some serious kilowattage when they were on the air per this neat video clip:

https://youtu.be/PwjmEozsfIs (Title: “KDUN AM 1030 50 kW startup”)

boisebill
    Participant

Off the air for more than 12 months?
    You loose the license.

Screamer
    Participant

I have been to Eugene twice in the last two months. I have not heard it. Others say it has been off the air for years. Even if it was running at low power or night power, wouldn’t they have to file something with the FCC for that? It sounds like they just haven’t been caught.

boisebill
    Participant

Maybe Mr. Binh Nguyen should take a trip to the coast for some seafood.

mwdxer1
    Participant

No sign of KDUN here on the North Coast. Normally they were fairly decent during the day at 200 miles. Their 630 watts at night is normally on top of the jumble too.

chessyduck
    Participant

Good news. KNPT’s audio stream has returned after a long absence. For a local station they have a solid morning news block , something welcomed in these days of corporate radio.

Bad news – A tremendous ground loop brings about a lot of hum in the online audio stream.

See knptam.com for a listen.

chessyduck
    Participant

It appears KGBR 92.7 in Gold Beach has been sold for $65,000. The buyer’s group, Machine Vantage, is involved in Artificial Intelligence.

Details are here:

Voluntary Transfer of Control
    To: THE ANANTHA PRADEEP TRUST

http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/forms/prod/prefill_and_display.pl?Application_id=1818759&Service=FM&Form_id=314&Facility_id=62150

KGBR is a class A station running 285 watts, equivalent to 3 kw at their current HAAT.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

KSWB has been off the air since Friday, at least. Their FM translator on 98.1 is on the air. What happened?

Shirley Knott
    Participant

I drove through in mid June and the AM was off then too.

I blame the coronavirus. No ad money, no fix the AM.

Sometimes you do what you have to do to ‘serve the community,’ even if it twists the FCC’s panties a little.

My belief is that it’s better to be kind of illegal keeping the FM on while the AM takes a little time out than to be off the air completely. But them I’m not a rules freak.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 262 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.