Coastal Radio Happenings

Viewing 5 posts - 211 through 215 (of 215 total)
  • Author
    Alfredo_T
    Participant

I used to be able to hear KDUN in the late afternoon, just before they dropped to their nighttime power. I have not heard this station on the air in years.

semoochie
    Participant

I haven’t driven around much in over 30 years. I don’t remember if I ever heard KDUN on 1030. It seems like I could hear them in Coos Bay on their old frequency. This should be waaay better! Assuming I did hear the station, it was on a car radio, possibly with a telescoping antenna but I’m really surprised that the quality of reception has decreased, to what looks like 5mv/m, isn’t even listenable in Coos Bay!

chessyduck
    Participant

Gosh, even KAST filed an STA for a hit to their transmission system in mid-winter. A sharp engineer has put the Astoria station back on-line and can be readily DX’d in Newport via the kiwisdr.smeter.net:8073 remote web-enabled receiver. So, where’s that KDUN STA for its long-silent status???!!!

Alfredo_T
    Participant

The company that owns KDUN also owns an FM station in a different city. Both stations have been silent for some time. Some time ago, I looked up the FCC record on KDUN, and I found some address in California. I looked up this address in Google street view, and I noted that it is a residential address. As I have not been in Reedsport since before KDUN signed off, I wonder if the station now just exists on paper.

To give some perspective, the last time that I heard KDUN, adjacent-channel KXPD was still running China Radio International’s English programming lineup.

Screamer
    Participant

Made a trip to Eugene today. Flipped around the dial on my lunch break. Sounds like the radio landscape is pretty well automated with no host or voicetracked with only a couple exceptions. I tried listening to KDUN on 1030 and didn’t hear anything.

Viewing 5 posts - 211 through 215 (of 215 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.