Coastal Radio Happenings

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 262 total)
  • Author
    mwdxer1
    Participant

Living North of Seaside even with an FM Yagi pointed South I have not noted KTIL’s FM translator up here or for that matter the LPFM in Bay City on 92.9. KTIL’s translator makes it a bit North of Rockaway on the van radio and Bay City’s LPFM barely makes it to Wheeler. Both I have listened to when in the Rockaway/Tillamook area though.

bossjock
    Participant

If I missed it elsewhere on the site, sorry…but when I started poking around about the Boss 100.7 sale in Newport I came across Cheryl Harle’s obit (guessing that her passing is what prompted/necessitated the sale).

https://www.eastoregonian.com/obituaries/obit-cheryl-l-mcanally-harle/article_7e3ca854-ce75-11e9-b03d-2b461ee581cc.html

chessyduck
    Participant

It tooks like Yaquina Bay Communications (KNPT, KYTE, etc) has dropped all their streaming audio.. Not sure if it is temporary or a longer-term cost saving measure. I did enjoy the KNPT/KWDP morning news segments with real local news coverage.

chessyduck
    Participant

… Private message to Bicoastal Media… Okay guys , fix your KURY websites. You now have owned the stations for several months… The KBDN website also could use some clean-up work..

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by chessyduck.
    chessyduck
    Participant

The KBDN Internet stream is once again available on the Internet. I guess the BiCoastal IT guy has been fixing the website…. kbdn.com

paulwalker
    Participant

Wow I missed that obit as well. Worked with her for a short time in 2005. I thought she had a lot of passion for what she did. I remember a long thread here about her and her operation that was pretty entertaining. But I am NOT asking for anyone to dig it up, lol. Rip Cheryl.

chessyduck
    Participant

A new listing appears at radiotvdeals.com as of 24 March. This only could be KDUN….

#2594 Oregon Gold Coast Powerhouse. $200K cash only deal

“This 50kw AM covers Route 101 from border to border and the Eugene market for a total population of just over 700K.”

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

That doesn’t accurately describe any station. May look good on paper, but KDUN could barely be heard in Eugene.

semoochie
    Participant

Ah, it says the Eugene “Market”. If it reaches any part of that, it’s an accurate statement. Does KDUN reach Astoria and Brookings?

Broadway
    Participant

Siting on the beach during the day coverage could happen

Screamer
    Participant

Is KDUN the station that was off air for a long time? Any idea when it came back on? I’ve never heard it, so I am guessing that even at 50k, their signal doesn’t reach Salem?

Broadway
    Participant

Wow…according to Radio-Locator they’re still on the air!

https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/finder?call=kdun&x=0&y=0&sr=Y&s=C

chessyduck
    Participant

I regularly check the Smeter Newport Kiwi WebSDR … No sign of the station for quite some time… nor has there been a Silent STA request submitted…

semoochie
    Participant

“Is KDUN the station that was off air for a long time? Any idea when it came back on? I’ve never heard it, so I am guessing that even at 50k, their signal doesn’t reach Salem?” According to the 0.5mv/m coverage map, KDUN’s coverage extends to just north of Lincoln City and south to the center of Bandon. It easily clears Eugene and Roseburg and cuts through Corvallis, so there could be a trace of it in Albany. I doubt if it reaches Salem at all. I can imagine that it can be heard in Astoria, but it’s less likely in Brookings or even Gold Beach. It’s primarily a Coos Bay signal. Everywhere else I mentioned is outside of the 2mv/m contour. If this were 50 years ago, they might have a real presence in Eugene!

Notalent
    Participant

KDUN was unlistenable in Coos Bay even when it was at 50kw. I don’t recall ever hearing it in Eugene, pretty much Florence to Hauser on the coast… I remember it becoming listenable around Scottsburg on SR32.

The problem being their tower site was/is in a sand dune with no ground conductivity whatsoever.

It was not on the air last time I was down that way in December.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 262 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.