Coastal Radio Happenings

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 197 total)
  • Author
    chessyduck
    Participant

I noticed MCH Enterprises has a new listing for a Class A FM in a seaside destination community.
    Only $100K. There are not too many A’s along Oregon’s coastline.. Any guesses?

Shirley Knott
    Participant

Gold Beach. But Jesus already has put in a bid.

chessyduck
    Participant

Yes… KGBR was my otber thought… Curry County is in such rotten financial shape right now.. Of it had not been for Pelican Bay Prison the area wpuld have folded long ago.. A mystery investor never came through for a mega golf resort in the north county region.

You can stream KGBR via the web or with their own locked-down Android app.. not much ad load though…

Notalent
    Participant

Was recently in Tillamook county, KTIL AM playing classic rock that I could not find on the FM dial.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I listened to 1590 earlier this afternoon, and I heard 94.3 K232FW in their ID. I am in Hillsboro, so I don’t think that my chances of being able to successfully verify whether K232FW is on the air are that good.

chessyduck
    Participant

Per the MCH Enterprises brokerage website KURY AM/FM has been sold… The original asking price was $500K… Per other sources it went to Bicoastal Media for $500K… a nice transaction for both parties… Given Bicoastal’s regional focus south Curry County residents and listeners should rest easy… the days of the local ownership are long gone but at least there’s some regionalism..

Marianagy
    Participant

Translator is on 94.3FM for KTIL-AM. Doesn’t go out of county, it’s broadcasting from the station’s backyard instead of Cape Meares.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Unfortunately 94.3 doesn’t make it to Warrenton as there is 94.3 Chinook WA. I have not tried to null them to get Tillamook though.

chessyduck
    Participant

I notice KDUN 1030AM Reedsport has been absent from the Newport KiwiSDR”s reception for quite some time. It had been silent for many months, if not over year… Yet, the station’s license is still active in the FCC data base … Except for the streaming service there is nothing… K-DUNE perhaps should be called K-DONE. Any news?

Broadway
    Participant

Think an FCC Official needs to make a trip to Reedsport.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

“KDUN’s dead, Jim.” See the following search results: https://feedback.pdxradio.com/forums/search/?bbp_search=KDUN

chessyduck
    Participant

Wow! Thank you for the feedback… there was a nice byproduct of this thread. I tuned to the KZFX Ridgecrest audio (Post Rock’s other station)… It turns out to be a nice deep-tracked classic rock station. I am not sure who is the source syndicator but still some great tunes. TOH IDs include a mountaintop translator but the automation buries half of the callsign..

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by chessyduck.
    chessyduck
    Participant

Per the FCDATA.org and the MCH Enterprises Brokerage websites Agpal Broadcasting has entered into an agreement to sell KCUP Toledo (1230 KHz, 1kw ND) and KPPT Depoe Bay (100.7 MHz 17.5kw ERP Class C2). The buyer is XANA Oregon LLC of Walla Walla. Purchase price is $155,000.

XANA LLC has ownership of KZLY in Ione, Oregon
    , as well as equity portions in Alexandria Communications (KTIL, KDEP Tillamook, etc…. KUJ, KZFO, etc.in Washington..)

Drammatic are the falling prices for radio properties me thinks….

chessyduck
    Participant

Bicoastal Media has put the KURY websites into maintenance mode while they revise the content as new owners: kuryradio.com, kury953.com, kury910.com . Their KBDN Bandon website is also under the editors’ pen right now.. Perhaps we’ll see some live streaming presence by these stations.

chessyduck
    Participant

Yaquina Broadcasting (YBC) has been cutting back their streaming audio.. gone now is KYTE… The news owners of KPPT/KCUP also killed off the Internet stream for the AM side.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by chessyduck.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by chessyduck.
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 197 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.