Coastal Radio Happenings

This topic contains 178 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  Craig_Adams 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 179 total)
  • Author

W7PAT
    Participant

I was in Cannon Beach on Sunday and could hear KYTE fairly clear. Even though they are back on the Coast antenna site, they are still identifying with Independence and Portland. It was a stretch to have Portland in the ID when they were transmitting from the coast range.

jr_tech
    Participant

It is barely receivable in Hillsboro right now with FM Yagi pointed SW feeding Sony F1HD. The coast range signal on the other hand, is almost portable radio strong… relatively easy catch for a Sangean DT-160 or Eton E-5.

Broadway
    Participant

Sounds like they have been ping-ponging between sites…dependent on $$$ for the gas bill?

bossjock
    Participant

According to Roger W. Morgan’s FB page and http://thelegendradio.com/, 105.9 in Coos Bay is back on as KLJN with oldies.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

LIGHTHOUSE RADIO GROUP is selling Oldies KLJN (THE LEGEND 105.9 FM, formerly KYSJ)/COOS BAY, OR to COOS RADIO INCORPORATED for $100,000 ($5,000 deposit, $30,000 in cash at closing, $65,000 in a 5-year promissory note at 5.5% per annum) plus a time brokerage agreement before closing.

Screamer
    Participant

Sellers of KYSJ wanted 225k

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

RADIO BEAM, LLC is selling AC KEUB/GEARHART, OR and an application for a booster in ASTORIA, OR to JEFFREY HUFFMAN’s JACOBS RADIO PROGRAMMING, LLC for $80,000.

chessyduck
    Participant

I think this is the station that MCH Enterrprises earlier had for sale at $195K then dropped to $150. Original website is KEUB.FM

I did find this article in the Daily Astorian about the KEUB purchase.

http://www.dailyastorian.com/SS/news/20180512/jacobs-radio-purchases-gearhart-station

“On May 25, Gearhart-based radio station 93.3-FM debuts as “93.3 KEUB The Rock.” Music will include traditional rock, grunge band, hair bands and alternative.”

I wish Jacobs Radio all the best but that’s a tough region for radio..

Chessyduck in Metro DC

semoochie
    Participant

Does anyone find it interesting that there’s a KEUB and KUBE on 93.3?

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION has applied for an STA to operate Contemporary Christian KLOY (K-LOVE)/OCEAN PARK-ASTORIA, WA,OR at an antenna height 3.6 meters higher than authorized after discovering that the antenna was mounted too high. EMF holds a construction permit to increase power and center of radiation and says it will be building that shortly.

W7PAT
    Participant

While driving back from Sisters last Sunday, near Santiam Pass, I heard KYTE identify. I’m not sure if there was a path from the coast or not.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Assess:

YAQUINA BAY COMMUNICATIONS, INC. has applied for an STA to operate KYTE/INDEPENDENCE, OR from its former site due to a generator failure at its licensed site.

boisebill
    Participant

Meanwhile, KDUN is still off the air.

Screamer
    Participant

It seems like trying to move KYTE has been nothing but trouble. Did they get some bad advice or just have bad luck?

Broadway
    Participant

Yes…

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 179 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.