Coastal Radio Happenings

This topic contains 178 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  Craig_Adams 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 179 total)
  • Author

boisebill
    Participant

facebook…

KDUN RADIO – AM 1030
    43 members
    KDUNE Radio no longer exists. This group no longer exists.

I’d say it’s dead.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

If KDUN is dark, the FCC doesn’t know about it.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

In other filings at the FCC, CENTRO FAMILIAR CRISTIANO has requested an extension of its Silent STA for KGIO/ASTORIA, OR due to repairs.

Broadway
    Participant

>>KYTE has managed to obtain an extension of its construction permit until July 20
    Anyone seen any actual nails being driven on the mountain?

Craig_Adams
    Participant

Depressing…

This from All Access:

HUNT BROADCASTING, LLC is assigning Triple A KYSJ (105.9 THE WAVE)/COOS BAY, OR to LIGHTHOUSE RADIO GROUP “in light of the fact that assignor will no longer be able to operate the station due to failing health,” for $5,000 to be used for winding down of station operations plus forgiveness of debt.

Randy_in_Eugene
    Participant

That explains why KYSJ disappeared from the Tune-In app recently. They had a smokin’ little alternative/progressive rock station after they bought it from Lighthouse.

semoochie
    Participant

KYTE has been able to tack on an additional 45 days to its construction permit, bringing the new expiration date to September 3rd 2017.

Broadway
    Participant

KYTE has some real challenges at their new site…things are looking for a miracle…

semoochie
    Participant

That’s an interesting choice of words since the hold-ups are claimed to be “acts of God”, which if they continue, I believe the extensions can as well.

Broadway
    Participant

Well, you can read the list of problems just in the last 8 months on the FCC web…the worse is that there is no AC power at proposed site…they have towers but all solar powered.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

HUNT BROADCASTING, LLC has requested an extension of its Silent STA for KYSJ/COOS BAY, OR while a new studio is being built and a sale to LIGHTHOUSE RADIO GROUP pends once an FCC “red light” has been lifted.

Screamer
    Participant

I just found KDUN on the Tune-In Radio app and they are actually streaming. I thought they were dark. The stream is a mostly 60’s based classic hits format. Listened for 20 minutes – no imaging or ID’s, just music.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

HUNT BROADCASTING, LLC has closed on the assignment of Triple A KYSJ (105.9 THE WAVE)/COOS BAY, OR to LIGHTHOUSE RADIO GROUP for $5,000 to be used for winding down of station operations plus forgiveness of debt.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I have a hunch that what you are hearing from KDUN really isn’t KDUN. I previously ran across something similar to what you describe. See https://feedback.pdxradio.com/forums/topic/coast-report/#post-32982

Screamer
    Participant

Makes total sense.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 179 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.