Coast Report

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Alfredo_T 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

W7PAT
    Participant

visiting the coast, down in Florence this evening. I tried to listen to the Blazer game on 620 and found Rip City Radio being ripped by KIGS Hanford, CA. Looking at KIGS’ night pattern and it seems to show a null toward Western Oregon. Perhaps they are on day power?
    No station in Florence carrying the game.

KXTG The game, pretty solid. KEX fighting CFSL.
    Also, KDUN still not on the air.

boisebill
    Participant

RE: KDUN.
    Kinda hard to be on the air when the transmitter’s a moldy wet mess.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I’ve been under the impression that the company that owned KDUN went out of business some time ago.

W7PAT
    Participant

KCRF is having some sort of problem. They were off the air a number of times over the weekend.
    I liked hearing 100.7 Boss FM. They play the best Oldies from the ’60 & ’70’s.
    We stayed south of Yachats…I was able to hear KGON and KLTH fade in an out a number of times, but those were the only 2 FM station from Portland I could hear there. Drving into Yachats I could hear a number of PDX station on FM.

Broadway
    Participant

Nothing on the FCC web site about turning license in for KDUN.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

KDUN is (or was) owned by Post Rock Communications, which also held the license to KZFX (FM), Ridge Crest, CA. According to Wikipedia, as of April 1, 2016, KZFX is off the air. Their website address does not resolve.

Some time ago, I mentioned that I was able to find two Internet streams for KDUN. These were both running programming different from one another without anything sounding like local commercials. This led me to thinking that I was hearing some kind of a “zombie” stream, inserted by the streaming provider. See here -> https://feedback.pdxradio.com/forums/topic/phantom-radio-station-streams/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.