Clintons pay $3.2 million in Federal Income tax for 2015

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Clintons pay $3.2 million in Federal Income tax for 2015

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

Their tax return showed that they paid $3.24 million in federal income taxes on $10.6 million in income for a 30.6% effective tax rate. They also donated $1 million to charity.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/12/pf/taxes/hillary-clinton-tax-return/

I’ll take 4 bets:

1. The Clintons earned more than Trump.
    2. The Clintons paid more in Federal taxes than Trump.
    3. The Clinton’s effective tax rate is considerably higher than Trump.
    4. The Clintons gave more to charity than Trump.

Vitalogy
    Participant

More than half the country agrees with GOP Rep. Mark Sanford: Donald Trump should release his tax returns.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/08/15/more-than-half-the-country-agrees-with-gop-rep-mark-sanford-donald-trump-should-release-his-tax-returns/

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

He can’t.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t.

LOL @ Trump.

edselehr
    Participant

He can’t and won’t because all he’ll have left after this fiasco of a campaign is his decades-in-the-making image of being a supposedly saavy and successful businessman. He knows he has lost this election. So everything we are seeing him do is to lock in his future fan base, so he can fleece them later with a Trump University 2.0, or a Trump Patriot Cruise Line, or whatever scam the gullible or desperate are drawn to next.

If he releases his returns then “Trump” dies as a marketable product.

I’m thinking Trump will withdraw from this election to save his ego/future earnings, and hand the reins over to Pence who will limp to the finish line simply to preserve a shadow of GOP dignity.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

I wouldn’t bet on it. He’s going to flog this out and then do as much damage as possible to The Republic out of pure ego and lunacy. He’s already making entirely bogus claims about rigged polling and voter fraud to explain his upcoming loss. I’m sure it hasn’t occurred to the man he’s on the cusp of actively inciting an armed insurrection because an election didn’t go the way he’d like it go.

Amus
    Participant

There has been increasing speculation about Trump just up and quitting.

And honestly it’s in his history and character to do so.

His primary concern is himself, and he has left others to twist in the wind while he’s cut & run before.

edselehr
    Participant

You think Trump can handle being labeled as a loser, which he certainly will be given his fondness for using that description with others?

I think that one thing Trump is good at is weighing what is good for Trump and what is not good for Trump. In the end “sticking it to the establishment” does not sell many Trump University admissions. And when does the GOP pull their support and funding?

I still believe there is a good chance he quits by October.

paulwalker
    Participant

No, edsel, if it happens it will happen in September.

I predict we are in for a free-for-all Presidential election this November. And I also predict it won’t be Clinton vs. Trump. How about Clinton vs. Ryan? That is my prediction as of 08/15/16.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Prediction? Yes, prediction.

edselehr
    Participant

Since the convention already “approved” Pence, I think he would step up and carry the mantle if (when) Trump quits. No one who is interested in running a successful campaign for president in the future (i.e. Ryan) would get anywhere near this shitshow. Viable candidates will sit this one out and wait for 2020.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.