Clinton's CA win

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

While it has not been called yet, this looks to be her primary. I would expect it will be called in her favor before 10pm PDT.

So what does Bernie do now? He is set to speak tonight, any bets?

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

!!!

paulwalker
    Participant

Yeah, I know, the Cali voting is coming in slow. But this thing is over…Hillary will win, which she needed from a momentum standpoint. Again, what will Bernie do?

paulwalker
    Participant

The answer: Bernie is not going away! Wow.

paulwalker
    Participant

delete

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

He’s going away.

He’s just trying to figure out how to do it in a manner that’s both respectful to his supporters while at the same time beginning preparations to support the Democratic nominee. And in doing the latter, not upset said supporters.

His campaign, which by the way has largely been directed solely by Bernie Sanders himself since the week before The New York primary, (much to the chagrin of many within his own organization; there’s an interesting article posted last night on Politco.com about this dynamic) has in part become the victim of their own increased vitriol and irrationality. Meaning only that by firing up his supporters with completely unrealistic and/or untrue (and increasingly heated) statements over the past eight weeks, they wound up committed to participating in every Democratic primary through the final one next week in Washington DC despite the fact they’ve had a 0.0% chance of securing the nomination for some time now.

Passion is now colliding with reality: Hillary has more total votes. Let me repeat that. More people voted for her than voted for Bernie Sanders. She has more pledged delegates. She has more super delegates. And for those of you reading this whom do not spend the kind of time I do upon the minutia of these things, let me assure you that none of the super delegates are going to flip to Bernie Sanders. Trust me on this. It’s over.

No matter how you parse this thing out, by whatever metric or measure, Hillary Clinton won the Democratic Primary. Bernie knew it last night. You could tell from his body language, what he said, (what he didn’t say) and even from the duration of the address. Twice, he articulated a main point that was not lost on anyone paying attention and was directed mainly at his own supporters. He stated and underscored that under no circumstances would he allow Donald Trump to win in November. That’s the clearest indication yet that in the next ten to fourteen days there’ll be a lot of support coalescing behind Hillary Clinton; including from Bernie Sanders.

Sanders is meeting with President Obama later this week and you’ll likely see Hillary and Bernie on the same stage at some point in the next few weeks. Bernie, of course, will have a prime speaking role at the convention as well.

Oh, the Trump people and the credulous (often one on the same) think they have a shot at some of Bernie’s support. Let it suffice to say that’s highly unlikely. Bernie’s core support is from very liberal, very progressive, millennials. They’re not going to pull the lever for a serial lying, racist, bigoted, misogynistic, thin skinned, blustering and bullying demagogue this fall.

Oh, but bigots can dream, can’t they?

The litany is not complete or valid without “xenophobic.”

duxrule
    Participant

Thanks for making sure we didn’t forget that.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

The litany is factually supportable. I plan on reminding you and others about it as much as possible.

So tell us, Pope Bacon. Are you a racist and bigoted imbecile or just happy to support one?

I have to admit I’m at a loss as to what the term “Bacon” means, but I’m presuming it’s not a term of endearment.

I might turn the question and logic around and ask if you are a greedy liar or if you are just supporting one, but I don’t believe in begging the question.

For the record, Trump was not my first choice, but I will vote for him, and it has nothing to do with racism, bigotry, homophobia, xenophobia, etc. etc. I believe that he sincerely wants to make America great again and I don’t believe that about Hillary. I believe that he will assemble a team of competent advisers and I believe he can get a lot of good done, not that I’m in agreement with all his policies, especially about trade. Also, I want a president who is likely to appoint someone to the Supreme Court who is like Scalia, and I don’t believe that will happen with Clinton. We have a choice between two very flawed candidates, but Trump stands head and shoulders above Hillary, so it’s not a difficult decision.

edselehr
    Participant

…I just keep picturing a German talking politics in a cafe in Berlin in 1932:

“For the record, Hitler is not my first choice, but I will vote for him, and it has nothing to do with racism, bigotry, homophobia, xenophobia, etc. etc. I believe that he sincerely wants to make Germany great again. I believe that he will assemble a team of competent advisers and I believe he can get a lot of good done, not that I’m in agreement with all his policies.”

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

LULZ

paulwalker
    Participant

LG, when I posted Bernie “isn’t going away” it was based on his words in his speech last night. (Body language and tone is not an exact science, but I see your point). He said he was still going to compete until…???

Can you agree that he continues to be a thorn in Hillary’s side? And Hillary is treating him with kid gloves ’cause she wants his supporters, a desire that will be hard to accomplish in any great numbers IMO.

Well there you go. It had to happen. Trump is Hitler and anyone who supports him is a Nazi.

Even if I believed that, deciding who was the lesser evil would be a challenge.

Langston
    Participant

Research reveals that 1 out of 5 Trump supporters is as dumb as the other four.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.