Clinton Ad: father can't wait to meet unborn child

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Clinton Ad: father can't wait to meet unborn child

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

From Clinton Campaign Video:

“Hi, little one. It’s me. It’s your dad. You are not born yet…I can’t wait to meet you.”

HUH?

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

If nothing else, the fact you’re even aware of the advertisement in question lets me know exactly what kind of lunatic right wing web sites you’ve been frequenting. It’s an issue with approximately no-one who is not a militant “pro life”/single issue voting zealot and totally (justifiably) uncovered.

I’m only aware of the hysteria and pearl clutching as I’m a voracious reader and find all of the narrow mindedness and hypocrisy fro that ilk alternatively humorous or pathetic.

We get it, Pope Bacon. You and the liked minded want to ban abortion. You and the other religious kooks are a broken record from another era.

Newsflash: the majority of Americans do not agree with you.

If you dig into the data, the majority of American citizens are actually in agreement with the viewpoint espoused by the Democratic vice-presidential candidate, Tim Kaine. At the risk of over simplification, he’s personally opposed (primarily for religious reasons) but supports the rights of those who do not agree with him. In other words, he doesn’t allow his personal or religious beliefs to impact political action or interfere with another’s different choice. That sounds…kind of American!

Hillary is more unambiguously pro-choice. She believes that abortions should be rare, that it should be a choice that’s only arrived at after careful consideration by the women in question along with her friends and family, and that she only reserves the right to make that final decision. That sounds…kind of American, too!

Yet even Hillary’s perspective is more widely held than yours.

You can (and no doubt will) continue to make this the only issue you care about. You’ll continue to lie about it. You’ll continue to express hyprocritical and narrow minded viewpoints. You’ll continue to conflate a woman’s right to choose to murder. You’ll continue to make hysterical accusations and continue to support the intent to legislate your own personal moral viewpoint upon the unwilling. You’ll convince no-one of anything.

Have at it. Said viewpoints are in continuing decline and are destined to ultimately wind up atop the ash heap of history. Have fun.

P.S. Google Donald Trump and abortion. Now, there’s some fun reading!

“Tim Kaine. At the risk of over simplification, he’s personally opposed (primarily for religious reasons) but supports the rights of those who do not agree with him. In other words, he doesn’t allow his personal or religious beliefs to impact political action or interfere with another’s different choice. That sounds…kind of American!”

That’s exactly how some people used to feel about slavery, but as with abortion, the person (or alleged person) most affected is not taken into consideration. Slavery might also have had the support of a majority, at least in certain regions, but did that mean it was just? It wasn’t very long ago that it was not only an opinion, but was legislated on behalf of a majority of voters in CA that marriage should be defined as between a man and a woman, but the will of the majority was overturned because of the court’s sense of justice. So I don’t think you can make a case that it’s permanent or just on the basis that it’s wanted by a slim majority of the masses.

Hillary wants abortion to be “rare”? What does she intend to do to make that happen and at what point could we say we have achieved it?

I didn’t intend to debate abortion, but I am perplexed why such hard-core abortion rights advocates would make an ad that humanizes what we’ve been told by them is a “insentient being” or a “blob of cells.” Who talks to a mass of cells or a thing in the womb as if it is already their son or daughter besides misguided religious zealots? Certainly not a Liberal Democrat who knows better than that.

So why would that appear in the ad?

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

To make your head explode, apparently.

edselehr
    Participant

“Hillary wants abortion to be “rare”? What does she intend to do to make that happen…?”

Oh, practically every policy position she has adopted that affects women.

Here, I’ll let you do your own homework (for once):

https://www.demconvention.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Democratic-Party-Platform-7.21.16-no-lines.pdf

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

F’n’Bacon–

Been laid much?

Ever tasted pussy?

Alfredo_T
    Participant

^^^
    Of course not–God’s people will tell you that sex is for procreation only.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.