Climate Change? No way!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    NoParty
    Participant
    skeptical
    Participant

The upside to climate change: with the drowning of Miami, Florida is a soon to be solid red state.

NoParty
    Participant

Gouge, there are literately billions of other websites.

shipwreck
    Participant

It’s always revealing to see someone join in a thread that they claim to have no interest in.

Deane Johnson
    Participant

I think the meter is showing Gouge’s IQ.

missing_kskd
    Participant

He is just pacing the rage.

skeptical
    Participant

Gouge said: “No, I just can’t pretend to give a flying fuck . . . hate and discontent are a lifestyle in Portland. . . . since the status quo apparently is SOP, . . . You can all go ahead and deconstruct and spin that however the fuck you want . . .”

jerry1949
    Spectator

This is why months back, after the latest software change, I advocated splitting “Politics” and “Other Things” into two seperate boards, then placing major limitations on the former to encourage more effective discussions in the latter and the radio boards.

This is a good idea, except that I would do “politics and religion” in one sub forum, and “other things” in another.

And of course it would make sense to impose some objective standards which apply equally to all. I’ve been on boards that were fairly moderated. It’s not that difficult. Those who oppose that idea do so because they impose standards on others that don’t apply to themselves.

Also, I agree with your comments about banning posters. I’ve never been on a board where individual posters were so quick to play the “I’ll get you banned” card as this one. Lame. And it makes the board smaller. This board has already lost 75% of its former activity level and banning posters because of vendettas, personality conflicts, or hating their religion and politics reduces the board by more than that poster. Others will leave in disgust over the pettiness of fear of diversity.

I disagree that everything has already been covered since there are always elections, new laws, and items in the news to discuss.

I appreciate the needed humor you bring to the board.

skeptical
    Participant

F&B sez: …

Andy Brown
    Participant

You see, Vern (F&B), Dan created politics and other things to attract trolls like you so he’d have somebody to ban.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Most of the former posters of this board that left because of the state of the board have left because of Jerry1949 when he was fairandbalanced and was banned but not prevented from coming back under other handles.

Dan once wrote about fairandbalanced “his postings are not in the long-term healthiness and viability of dialogue on the board.”

Of course, F&B still believes he was railroaded off this board when Dan did some “moderating.” What tripe.

Once a troll, always a troll.

Andy Brown
    Participant

@Gouge

Truth is that most (not all) of the folks on this side of the board do not or rarely post on the radio side. That makes this side it’s own little world where normally aberrant behaviors, as exhibited by posters like Jerry1949, are tolerated as a necessary evil of having a discussion board. Dan created Politics and Other Things to give posters like F&B (Jerry) a place to exist so as to keep them mostly off the radio side trying to hijack threads and turn them into personal agenda threads about (in Jerry’s case) abortion, religion, etc. It’s mostly working so don’t expect anything much to happen.

I don’t see you contributing on the radio side. It’s hard to bring your case as your wrote without seeing you start or contribute to a thread on that side.

Having said that, people like F&B are very predictable. He will read this and probably start a thread on the radio side to try and disprove what I write, but it is too late for him. His long long track record and multiple banishments speak volumes about his problems dealing with information he doesn’t like to hear and his non interest in the real reason pdxradio exists. However, you could do that and ignore this side of the board. It’s not that difficult to do. Most of us long time posters do that from time to time. I know it’s difficult (for me, too) to ignore the trolling on this side, most of which is done by F&B but there are others that only want to argue the same old points over and over. Herb is a troll almost always. Deane does it a lot. Trixter, too. I am not immune from it when I see a revelatory article that puts irrefutable facts about something the conservatives don’t want to see. The difference is I would not miss this side of the board if it went away. They would. But without it, the radio side would be at risk (again) of being a place where trolling attacks and flaming would erupt.

So I say leave things the way they are. Want to jump into the fire on this side, fine. If you don’t like it, don’t track it. Set your dial to http://feedback.pdxradio.com/forums/forum/portland-radio/ and forget this side altogether.

Personally I don’t care what you do or how many times you post your give a fuck meter as a contribution. Most of the time I agree with your assessment. I do know you have more to contribute in a more meaningful discussion but you have to accept that trolls like F&B don’t and often others bait him because they know he is defective.

NoParty
    Participant

Gougue said>>>>>
    Personally, I’d really like nothing more than to see this once great site return to the way it was before all the narrowminded political zealots, trolls and other like wastes of the Earth’s surface area took it over and (trashed it) turned it into an endless, mindless “were-right-you’re-wrong-shut-the-fuck-up” and “you’re-either-with-us-or-you’re-against-us” shitfest years ago.

How long have you been on this messageboard?

NoParty
    Participant

Andy said>>>
    Herb is a troll almost always. Deane does it a lot. Trixter, too.

Badge of honor on and gleaming!

Amus
    Participant

Weathercasters See the Light on Climate Change

Still there will always be those who refused to be swayed by facts.

http://www.psmag.com/nature-and-technology/weathercasters-see-the-light-on-climate-change

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.