Civil War Game: Oregon vs Oregon State

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Listener_Pete
    Participant

Tonight 11/29 5PM Channel 2

My Prediction:
    Oregon: 28
    Oregon: State 20

http://imgick.oregonlive.com/home/olive-media/pgmain/img/oregonian/photo/2013/11/-7a10b2789b864807.JPG

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2014/11/no_3_oregon_vs_oregon_state_fa.html

duxrule
    Participant

I hope that the Ducks aren’t looking past this game, already thinking about Arizona next week. I do have confidence in this coaching staff in keeping this team focused on the here and now. Turnovers and mistakes will also play a big part, one way or the other. Like every Civil War in Corn Valley, the Beavs will come out strong to start the game, but they don’t have the horses to keep up. Oregon pulls away in the second half, 53-20.

paulwalker
    Participant

Conditions for tonights in-state rivalries. Corvallis, turning colder, but dry, half-time temp of 35.

Pullman, Also turning colder, but dry, and a half-time temp of 20.

The weather should not be a factor in either of these games, but I will go ahead and predict an upset by the Beavs, (35-32),and the Huskies will muscle their way past the Cougs, 44-14. Brian, you still in on our bet? Last chance to opt out. Or we can split the diff, and both donate 30 to Dan. Your call. (If I don’t hear from you by kickoff, we should remain with the original terms 🙂 )

missing_kskd
    Participant

Looks like the Beavs are getting spanked.

Listener_Pete
    Participant

Looks like the Beavs are getting spanked.

Yes they did, final score 47-19 Oregon

duxrule
    Participant

Missed by a total of seven points. 😀 I see the ducks rolling Arizona next week. No serious injuries this week, offense firing on all cylinders. They have to shore up the run defense, and if that happens, ‘Zona doesn’t have a chance.

johnlaw
    Participant

If Mariota hasn’t wrapped up the Heisman with this years efforts – something is seriously messed up. 36 TD passes and only 2 interceptions this season? Didn’t another QB yesterday in one of the big games throw 3 picks in the first quarter alone? Looking forward to Fridays game against Arizona. And this is from a husky fan. I need one of the t-shirts that says ‘I may live in Oregon, but grew up in Seattle’…

duxrule
    Participant

😉 I need the obverse, being a rabid Duck fan, living in Longview.

paulwalker
    Participant

Well, I lived in Eugene as a Husky fan from ’98 to ’05, with a brief timeout in Boise in ’01.

While the Husky-Duck rivalry was in full swing, I never really got into it with anyone. I’m a “white” personality, (don’t like conflict), so that perhaps had something to do with it.

I kept bringing up the cyclical aspects of the rivalry, but nobody cared. Most only go back to the last couple of seasons.

Bottom line, The Huskies still dominate the series history, despite the past decade. OK, YES, I would like some whine with that cheese. 🙂

This rivalry doesn’t even compare to ugliness in some parts of the country. I won’t mention names, but the SEC does come to mind. I think that the fact that so many have connections to each other in both states make it somewhat friendly rivalry, the way it should be.

Back to my point is this being cyclical. I can absolutely guarentee that the see-saw will keep swinging, and WA will become good again, heck, they really are not bad this year, with a current 8-5 record and a decent bowl game ahead.

Peterson inherited Sarkasian’s team. Give him a chance to build HIS team and things will start to change at Montlake.

Brianl
    Participant

I will honor the bet, Paul.

I’d love to chip in a jazillion dollars to the CAF to hire a defensive coordinator worth a God damn.

This year was unacceptable. I’m glad that the heads of Volero and Breske rolled.

paulwalker
    Participant

Thanks Brian, I made my donation Sunday. Hey, it could be worse. Think Colorado.

Brianl
    Participant

By the end of the year, Colorado would have beat us. I am convinced of that. Coach Mac has them right on the cusp of turning that thing around.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.