Chuck Hagel To Step Down

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Valerie ring
    Participant
    Deane Johnson
    Participant

Surprise, surprise. Nebraskans knew he was a loser when Obama appointed him. He had no experience for the job.

Defense of the country has become more complicated than at any time in history. It will require the best mind that we can come up with, not someone selected as a political convenience.

I believe I posted that it was a serious mistake to do so when he was appointed.

duxrule
    Participant

Of course he was unqualified. He was a Republican.

Boss_Radio_1550
    Participant

Why don’t you say something constructive duxrule? Being Republican has nothing to do with this. Of course he wasn’t qualified. Hopefully, we don’t get a “yes” person to take his place…

duxrule
    Participant

I was simply following in the spirit of the original response from Deano. Given the “let’s get Obama” mood from this upcoming Congrees, I would highly doubt that we will have a Secretary of Defense before the next inauguration in 2017. It will backfire, however, as it will still be a Democratic president making the next selection.

Deane Johnson
    Participant

While I’m not a Hagel fan, I think you will discover as the facts come out that the inside information will indicate his departure is not based on his not being up to the job, but rather that he was fed up with Obama.

He went to the White House to have it out with him and ended up resigning.

Again, while I’m not a Hagel fan, I think you’ll find out in the end that it was a case of screw you Obama, I don’t have to put up with your crap.

edselehr
    Participant

We shall see, Deane. But I do share your antipathy about Hagel, and wasn’t terribly excited about him when he was first nominated. At the time, it had the effect of perpetuating a Republican meme that only Republicans know how to administer a ‘tough’ foreign policy, which bothered me. And as Boss Radio pointed out, both sides have to start looking beyond party politics when selecting those who set our foreign policy.

Deane Johnson
    Participant

Problem with Hagel perpetuating the Republican meme is that he’s a RINO and it didn’t work.

Vitalogy
    Participant

Chuck Hagel: He’s no Donald Rumsfeld, that’s for sure!

duxrule
    Participant

So, Deane, given your first post, where did you come up with the “information” about the second? Who has this so-called “inside information”? Do they happen to be members of the Fear-Hate-Anger Radio Cabal?

BTW, it really doesn’t matter much exactly who is in each of these positions. With few exceptions, most of these people are pretty much unqualified to run these agencies. They’re kind of like baseball managers, members of a select fraternity, and are basically interchangeable.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.