Christmas/Holiday Music Stations

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Christmas/Holiday Music Stations

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Craig_Adams
    Participant

Could have been an LP station or a Pirate.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I am surprised that you could receive a station adjacent to KUPL from Cornelius Pass Rd.

duxrule
    Participant

It was a solid signal, DK what else to tell you.

jr_tech
    Participant

Interesting! I have never been able to DX (the new) KNBQ from Hillsboro with my Log-Yagi pointed north, but perhaps you caught some tropo enhancement. The little canyon that Cornelius Pass Road is in North of Skyline is a pretty good funnel for Seattle and other FM stations to the North, and it somewhat blocks Portland stations.
    Is KBNQ perhaps still doing the “North Pole Radio” programming/stunting?

mike_kolb
    Participant

Thankfully, radios have tuning knobs. All it takes is to hear one bar of christmas music (say, before 12/23 or so) and I’m gone.

Joe
    Participant

@boisebill 88.7 in Boise is not a complete waste. My Christmas music loving, lovely, fiancĂ© is loving it. They have a good mix going on too so I’m loving it as it is not the same 50 songs that have been on since January.

semoochie
    Participant

If I could get my “seek” to stop on 93.7 at NW 21st and Lovejoy, I’m not surprised that you can receive 98.5.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

It appears that KNBQ launched its Christmas music format in April! This must be a new record.

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headlines/92807/knbq-signs-on-as-north-pole-radio/

I tried listening for the Christmas music on 98.5 in the car radio from several locations on the West side, to no avail. KUPL is too strong.

I am hearing a station that occasionally pops in on 93.7 with a Spanish speaking preacher and Christian music. I have the log-Yagi pointed north. Most likely, this is KLSY Montesano, WA. Their transmitter is about 125 miles north of my location.

W7PAT
    Participant

I googled KNBQ and here is what it says: KNBQ Signs-On As North Pole Radio – RadioInsight
    https://radioinsight.com/blog/…/knbq-signs-on-as-north-pole-radio/
    Apr 28, 2015 – North Pole Radio 98.5 KNBQ Central Park Aberdeen Josh Broadcasting has signed-on 98.5 KNBQ Central Park, WA with Christmas Music as …

I’ve heard 102.9 KYNW a number of times over the top of KXTG’s translator going over the hills on Skyline Blvd on the car radio, so I’d think it very possible to receive KNBQ.

Chico
    Participant

I would suggest we all consider the following when observing North Pole Radio.

1) Nobody who is planning on keeping the current facilities long term will be running Holiday music for 9 months or more.
    2) Josh Broadcasting has a track record of being very smart about their engineering. KLSY Montesano would be a good example. Made a Seattle market rim shot out of pretty much thin air. Sold it for several million.
    3) This is the same group that played a “chirping bird” loop for weeks on 93.7 before they sold it to a Hispanic Evangelical group. Same idea.

It would not shock me to see them at some point move the COL to some weird location between Oly and the coast, then move the stick to Cap Peak or South Mountain. SO I would “enjoy” the Xmas music now…Bill has a wicked sense of humor but he ain’t dumb!

Borderblaster
    Participant

HO-HO-HO
    98.5 KNBQ Central Park, WA weak in occasional stereo and seasonal music like, “dummer boy” “sleigh ride” heard.

Dxer1969
    Participant

K103 11/19/15. KBPS 1450 12/1/15. 1550 KKOV does 5 an hour. KISN after 12/1/15.

Dxer1969
    Participant

No.

semoochie
    Participant

I notice that the Fish has yet to start continuous Christmas music. It doesn’t seem to affect their ratings much and they could be concerned about K-Love gaining ground. I understand that in Seattle, in the face of new K-Love competition, KCMS isn’t doing so either.

Dxer1969
    Participant

True. The FIsh was usually the 2nd FM station here to go all Christmas. Think K103 will be it for awhile.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.