Christmas/Holiday Music Stations

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Christmas/Holiday Music Stations

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    oldiesthatrock
    Participant

Is Charlie 97.1 going Christmas this year>?

semoochie
    Participant

I doubt it. They didn’t last year.

oldiesthatrock
    Participant

I thought they did!

oldiesthatrock
    Participant

KODA Prepares For All-Christmas Flip
    iHEARTMEDIA AC KODA (SUNNY 99.1)/HOUSTON will begin its annual tradition of non-stop CHRISTMAS music starting tomorrow, FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 21st. This will be the 15th holiday season SUNNY has launched the all-CHRISTMAS music format.
    “We are proud and excited to spread the holiday cheer again this year on SUNNY,” PD MARC SHERMAN said. “It’s been so well received over the years – families have made our radio station part of their holiday traditions. To be an extension of family is truly a privilege.”
    – See more at: http://www.allaccess.com/net-news#sthash.SvVMNUAo.dpuf

johnlaw
    Participant

I rather look forward to the change in music for the holidays – just wish they’d loosen up on the rotation. There’s plenty of christmas music to go around – just don’t need to hear the same thing every couple of hours – or so it seems. That’s what I love about my nano…start out in the morning at work on a radio station and when the commercials (how many mattress sales do we really need?) or the same songs get on my nerves — I just flip it to my playlists and I’m a happy camper!

semoochie
    Participant

K103 announced that they would start continuous Christmas music sometime Friday.

Chico
    Participant

It’s what all the cool kids are doing, apparently. Vancouver BC and Seattle AC stations both flipped today.

semoochie
    Participant

K103 flipped sometime today before two. I’m pretty sure it was after 12.

paulwalker
    Participant

A growing trend, not exactly new, is many stations offering an on-line Christmas stream. If enough stations do this, and I predict this to grow, the actual on-air “All Christmas” could decline. Or not. But still an interesting trend.

In my market, one soft AC has announced their start date of black Friday. Not sure it is smart to announce the actual date, but in
    today’s day and age, why not? The other one, the mainstream leader, is predictable in almost everything they do and in my opinion, will go “ALL” tomorrow. I won’t mention names…(EZ Rock, and KLCE). Best of luck to both.

My current station offers the option. Listen to our killer programming as usual, or check our website. Happy Holidays to all.

Joe
    Participant

Way-FM (104.5) has flipped the Christmas switch.

semoochie
    Participant

That’s surprising. I didn’t realize they did that and certainly not early!

duxrule
    Participant

Caught “all Christmas music” on 98.5 this past Saturday, October 3rd, as we were heading over Cornelius Pass. Could be KNBQ, licensed out of Central Park in Pacific County WA.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Might we hear All-Christmas stunting on AM 1640 this year, given that the station has finally been sold? 😉

Langston
    Participant

I never listen to Xmas music until after Thanksgiving. Don’t listen to K103 because they have a short play list that they beat to death. Holy Jolly Christmas will be the death of me. There are some excellent stations streaming and on XM Sirius.

boisebill
    Participant

Over Boise way last week the completely wasted frequency 88.7 KOAY became even more of a waste with Christmas music.
    They don’t have an STL so there’s an iPod or something like it at the transmitter. Rest of the year it’s a 100% simulcast of 89.5 KTSY. They both use the same antenna.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.