Christmas Returns to the Airwaves.

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Christmas Returns to the Airwaves.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    semoochie
    Participant

K103 previously announced that they would switch to Christmas music on Friday. I forgot to listen but assumed that they followed through with that plan. Presumably, Charlie must be right behind, if they haven’t already switched. The fact that K103 announced their plans ahead of time this year makes me wonder if they don’t have an agreement with Charlie.

I just checked and Charlie hasn’t changed yet. Maybe they won’t.

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by semoochie.
    johnf
    Participant

KODZ 99.1 in Eugene also has made the switch to Christmas music. Here in Newberg we can listen to them as well as K103.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by johnf.
    semoochie
    Participant

It should be noted that there are now five(count ’em, five!)full power FMs running all Christmas music, 96.3 97.1, 97.9, 103.3 and 104.1! This should have an effect on the total listeners to the format but since two of the stations don’t subscribe to Neilsen, it won’t be as apparent as it might be otherwise. In my scans of the Religious stations, I didn’t hear any Christian Contemporary Christmas music, so if that’s really the case, this could get quite interesting!

Borderblaster
    Participant

SO WHAT
    The commercial propagandists tirelessly encourage the erroneous assumption that the Twelve Days of Christmas ends on Christmas Day and must therefore begin on December 14.

semoochie
    Participant

Apparently, it isn’t the case but it’s still interesting.

Borderblaster
    Participant

Don’t forget to update the annual Elvis Presley White Christmas publicity stunt story.

Dan Packard
    Keymaster

Probably the smartest and most eclectic collection of Christmas music on broadcast comes from KBPS AM 1450, the Benson high school station.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.