Christmas Radio

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    semoochie
    Participant

It’s a long story but I’m BACK!!! K103 switched to Christmas yesterday, as did Charlie and Way FM. I guess Charlie didn’t want to let K103 get away with another 21 share this year.

paulwalker
    Participant

It seems we have this discussion every year. So to be repetitive once again, those who go first usually win. So when one goes, they all go.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

Hey, glad to see you’re back Semoochie!

semoochie
    Participant

Thank you. Last July, I got a virus on my computer, gave it to my wife’s cousin to fix, stopped hearing from him and haven’t seen it since! I was able to get back on my other sites but this one’s password was stored on Dashlane, I inadvertently changed it and wasn’t able to access the information. For some reason, the “forgot password” button on this site didn’t work for me. Dan finally added the information manually and everything is fine again, so thank you Dan!

Craig_Adams
    Participant

Seems 2016 has not been lucky for You and Me with our computers and posting here.

mwdxer1
    Participant

I guess with some, Christmas Radio is popular year around. There is 98.5 in the Olympia area that calls themselves “North Pole Radio”, Christmas music year around. The station is good on the coast. 93.3 Seaside also came on playing Christmas music a few months ago.

semoochie
    Participant

I’m pretty sure that those stations are stunting and will either go back to their regular format or change it after the holidays. They could also be waiting for a buyer.

mwdxer1
    Participant

98.5 KNBQ signed on as North Pole Radio and they kept the format. 93.3 KEUB Seaside probably will change, if anyone buys them. KEUB had to get on or lose the CP.

edust1958
    Participant

iHeart has several Christmas Music stations. Do these stations run Christmas Music all year round? I am wondering because the broadcast stations that play Christmas music usually revert to their “normal” play list shortly after Christmas is over (sometimes within hours of Midnight). Since some of the iHeart stations are not broadcast, only streamed, is there any reason why they couldn’t just continuing streaming the Christmas music year-round?

Chico
    Participant

98.5 in the Olympia market is for sale and I am guessing was created to sell all along. A technically clever hop skip and jump created a farily powerful partial market rimshot. If you have a cool million or two in your 401k YOU can be a medium market media mogul!

Clinton
    Participant

Well, it’s December 31st, but if you’re still looking for some Christmas music, it’s playing right now on K-Love’s second channel, available here in the Portland Metro area at 97.9 HD2. Don’t know how long it will last, or what they’re planning to do with their HD2 signal once the holiday season is over, but that’s what’s playing right now.

Just thought you might like to know.

Have a great New Year!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.