Christian Pastors respond to Orlando shooting

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Christian Pastors respond to Orlando shooting

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

Religion is fake and made up. And the number one reason why humans do terrible things to other human beings. I think it all sucks, but let’s face it, there’s a ranking of suckiness.

I don’t totally agree with Bill Maher (and I’m a fan, seen him live 2 times) but he somewhat has a point. The point is that radical Islamic terrorists have bigger balls than their counterparts like Broadway or Pope Baconmolestor. They are willing to DIE for their cause. So far, thankfully, Christian terrorists don’t have the balls to die for their cause.

Not all followers of Islam blow themselves up, but if you blow yourself up you’re very likely to be a follower of Islam.

Broadway
    Participant

>>They are willing to DIE for their cause.
    Don’t need/have to…someone already did that…Jesus Christ.

Vitalogy
    Participant

That part is made up too.

Broadway
    Participant

Personal experience like millions have experienced is not made up…it’s for real and eternal.

Chris_Taylor
    Participant

Oh dear, it starts again.

Broadway
    Participant
    skeptical
    Participant

skeptical
    Participant

“The point is that radical Islamic terrorists have bigger balls than their counterparts like Broadway or Pope Baconmolestor. They are willing to DIE for their cause.”

Christians do have the courage to die for their faith, and this is how it happens–as martyrs. (They don’t die while blowing innocent people to pieces, which is cowardly and not brave):

Amus
    Participant

Scott Roeder

Eric Rudolph

Frank Silva Roque

Jim David Adkisson

Paul Jennings Hill

James Charles Kopp

John C. Salvi

paulwalker
    Participant

Big balls mean being a man who defends his principles not blowing himself up and injuring others. Come on guys get a grip. And I don’t mean literally. Men who really have big balls are not afraid to admit that tolerance is acceptable and Hate is evil. They also will respect another man despite who they may be and how they worship unless it threatens their livelihood or family. And so far I have seen little of this threat.

Andy Brown
    Participant

zealot |ˈzelət|
    noun
    a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.

Soooooo . . .

Dealing with a group of fanatics has gotten the world to where it is now. You’ve got dork and F&Bacon, our local fanatics, not a level head between them and they are just the tip of the iceberg. 23% of America is a lot of people constituting a very vocal albeit misguided minority.

Being polite to them is useless. Trying to show them facts is a fool’s errand. November will come, the GOP will get a major shellacking this time around, but nothing much will change.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

/mic drop

Vitalogy
    Participant

‘God will finish the job’: Texas pastor prays for injured Orlando survivors to die.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/god-will-finish-the-job-texas-pastor-prays-for-injured-orlando-survivors-to-die/#.V2kg3dEmuPM.facebook

In the wake of the attack on the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Florida last week, many right-wing Christian religious leaders have celebrated the shooter’s actions, but a Texas pastor is taking that to a whole new level.

Pastor Donnie Romero of Stedfast Baptist Church in Fort Worth told his flock he agrees “100 percent” with Baptist Pastor Roger Jimenez, who made news with his sermon advocating that the government should use a firing squad to “blow their brains out.”

“These 50 sodomites are all perverts and pedophiles, and they are the scum of the earth, and the earth is a little bit better place now,” Romero said in the Sunday sermon. “And I’ll take it a step further, because I heard on the news today, that there are still several dozen of these queers in ICU and intensive care. And I will pray to God like I did this morning, I will do it tonight, I’ll pray that God will finish the job that that man started, and he will end their life, and by tomorrow morning they will all be burning in hell, just like the rest of them, so that they don’t get any more opportunity to go out and hurt little children.”

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

Organized religion: The other mental illness.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.