Chip Kelly out in Philly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    paulwalker
    Participant

Former Duck coach Chip Kelly has been fired by the Eagles just short of three seasons. My expectation he will land, but possibly back in the college ranks. However, perhaps a chance at another NFL job, Titans??? Can someone say “Marcus”? Or Cleveland or Indy?

Dxer1969
    Participant

Oh well. At least he made it into the NFL as head coach. Problem is, nobody liked him much. Some players hated him And some even let up during games and kind of quit on him to make him look bad. Strategy worked.

But as the Duck coach he was excellent. At least we have those good memories of Chip!

Brianl
    Participant

I was surprised, more by the timing than anything else, until it came out that owner Jeffrey Lurie wanted to take the GM hat off of Chip, which he refused. That sealed it.

Chip is fine as a coach, but his personnel decisions in Philadelphia did him in.

My best bet is that he ends up in Tennessee with Marcus Mariota, and he has already said he wants no say in personnel.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Yes, Brian. That,to me,would be a good fit and a good deal for all concerned. Think the Titans would benefit with Chip as head coach.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.