Chip is SF coach and the pdxradio.com pulse is flatlined!

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Politics and other things Chip is SF coach and the pdxradio.com pulse is flatlined!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    skeptical
    Participant

*crickets*

Chico
    Participant

I’ll bite.

The Forty-whiners are not currently relevant…he could be the reincarnation of Tom Landry and it will be at least a couple years before that team is a threat again.

paulwalker
    Participant

Truth is, except for 2-3 posters, this board is not into sports. I have tried over the years, and the response, except for those 2-3 posters, has been non-existent.

Chico is right, however. The 49ers are not going to turn around just because of Chip. And what I keep hearing from the national media is, he is either going to be great or be terrible. How is that for expectations? Watch Portland stations to start running 49ers games over the Hawks, they did it with Tennessee this past season. Good grief.

skeptical
    Participant

Paul, I get what you’re saying, but I kinda thought Chip Kelly was a bit beyond mere sports news. I guess we’ve washed our hands of him here.

Chico
    Participant

Portland stations ran Titans over Seahawks? If that happened, I doubt it was their choice- the league has some rather arcane ways that the markets get divvied up for games. Out there on the web I once saw a mapping tool that explained where each market got every game and how it was determined…I will try to find it.

Example- in the 80s it could be tough to be a Seahawk fan in the Tri-cities TV market, as the CBS feed came from the sister station in Lewiston ID. ID (except the stuff fed by Spokane) was considered Bronco Territory. Yuk.

Chico
    Participant

Found the link: http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2015&wk=17 This is the mapping for week 17, but you can go to his NFL page and click the week number for a map of every week.

Brianl
    Participant

I am one of the sports junkies in here … hah.

As far as Chip Kelly to the 49ers, I think it CAN work. San Francisco needs more weapons offensively, but the one piece that fits perfectly with Chip’s offense is Colin Kaepernick. If anyone can resurrect his career, it’s Chip Kelly.

The front office there is absolutely terrible. This will be interesting to see.

paulwalker
    Participant

Yes, the 506sports.com site is a very good source to find out which games will air around the country. When I lived in Idaho, I found it extremely valuable as Idaho stations many times choose a game other than Seattle, atleast prior to 2013.

To clarify my point about the Titans…what I did see a number of times this season on the 506 site is a primary or secondary market (75/100 miles) would be in play in the entire NW, meaning a big game that may or may not include the Seahawks. Except for the Eugene market. They would get the Titans. I don’t believe the NFL is calling this shot, I am pretty sure the affiliate in Eugene can request a certain team if there is an enhanced local connection as is the case with Marcus. So that is what I meant about Portland now favoring the 49ers, due to the Oregon connection. Portland is not a primary, nor secondary market for Seattle.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Well, the big sports posters are, Dux, Brian, and Paul. Chip. Dunno how that will shake out. Kinda wished he was with the Titans. Next season will tell. Carry on, as Skep would say!

NoParty
    Participant

The 49ers are a train wreck so Chip has nothing to lose. Colon Crapperdick needs Chip and an assist from God to get his career back in order. Bringing in RG3 (now that he isn’t needed in DC) to back up Crapperdick will help as well. With upper management being the HUGE problem in SF Chip has an up hill battle but it was the right choice unlike if he would have taken the job with the Titans and there is a whole host of different problems that not even Vince Lombardie or Bill Belichick could ever overcome.
    I honestly have no dog in the fight being a Buccaneers fan but good luck to Chip and whatever he can do with the 9ers.

Andy Brown
    Participant

“Kinda wished he was with the Titans”

NFW.

MM is far better off without him.

Brianl
    Participant

Marcus shined in Chip’s offense before and he would again.

As bad as York and Baalke are in San Francisco, the front office and ownership situation in Tennessee is far worse.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Trixter. It is damn nice to hear from you again. Excellent analysis!

Dxer1969
    Participant

Brian. The most knowagable sports dude of all. Agreed!

Dxer1969
    Participant

Brian. Of course you are, Sports? We look up to you for that. Keep posting. We all like it. Respect your comments. Think we all do. Even though most do not post back to you. Keep posting anyway. Like it! I learn shit! Stroke or not. Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.