Channel. 6 no sound problems

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Listener_Pete
    Participant

I like watching The Price Is Right. Sometimes when they go to a break the whole string of commercials has no sound at all. I’ve noticed this for several days and I believe it’s the same commercials.

Does anyone have clue what’s happening here? Could it be The station controls are not in portland anymore and nobody sees it?

Andy Brown
    Participant

The station control point is indeed NOT in Portland.

That’s a fact.

The rest of it is anybody’s guess.

I would imagine local inserts (commercials and psa’s) probably get loaded on a special server which probably is located at the hub (not in Portland), and the few people there in the master control room don’t (can’t) listen to the audio on every single station they are controlling so they don’t hear it. I would think there would be an alarm in Portland that logs back at the hub about this, but apparently not if the problem is repeating.

Pete, it’s not about quality anymore. If the sponsor finds out, they do a make good and move on.

There tends to be less egregious repeating errors with commercials around the news blocks because local people are at the station and watching/listening, but other times of the day anything goes.

Listener_Pete
    Participant

Well it’s not the station, it’s comcast. At home the sound is fine, but at this place the sound cuts out whenever local. Very strange. Local commercials and news there is no sound.

Andy Brown
    Participant

No comcast problems here.

Jeffrey Kopp
    Participant

LP, check to see you’re set to the first audio channel (English).

Listener_Pete
    Participant

About a week or two ago this problem magically disappeared. I did nothing to either the cable box or TV.

WEIRD

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.