Central & Eastern Oregon Radio Happenings

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Central & Eastern Oregon Radio Happenings

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 533 total)
  • Author
    Craig_Adams
    Participant

Buck was also a 30 year owner of KNIX-FM Phoenix (1968-98).

semoochie
    Participant

As I recall, KUZZ was the #1 station in Bakersfield and the #2 station, a CHR, was his FM. Not wanting to sacrifice his Country formatted AM to an FM competitor, he switched the FM to a simulcast of the AM. Here’s what happened: Another company switched to CHR, using the same call letters. KUZZ AM & FM was #1 and the new CHR was #2.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

630 The Fan Debuts In Boise

PEAK BROADCASTING has flippped Talk KFXD-A (630 KIDO)/BOISE to Sports as 630 THE FAN.

The station is airing FOX SPORTS RADIO programming plus local afternoon programming with RILEY CORCORAN 4-5 and CORCORAN joined by DAVE TESTER 5-7p (MT).

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

KSJJ Calling In The Ghost Hunters After Paranormal Experiences Reported

The GROSS COMMUNICATIONS Country KSJJ/BEND, OR studios will be visited by the PARANORMAL LEAGUE OF AMERICA ghost hunters on SUNDAY (10/30). The BEND RADIO GROUP moved into the building in 2009, and since then several employees have reported having paranormal experiences, including seeing people in the studios who are not there, and being tapped on the shoulder by a non-existent person.

The reveal of the findings of the investigation will be on KSJJ on HALLOWEEN (10/31) with COOK & COLLEEN IN THE MORNING. DAVID GALVAN, heading up the League, will also talk about how he started in paranormal research and the other investigations he’s conducted with success.

Check out more from KSJJ at http://www.ksjj102.9.com or contact OM MISTER “ED” LAMBERT at elambert@bendradiogroup.com.

kahtik
    Participant

Both of these posted by Bend Radio Group. The first one has been reposted. From what my close source said, a person was offered the gig, but turned it down.

I also applied, but honestly, I don’t think I will be offered anytthing there.

The second ad I don’t know much about, but Mike (PD) was great to work with when I was there in 2002 – 2003.

Good luck to ALL!

Live and work in Beautiful Central Oregon! Love Country?

by cherihol » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:51 pm

LIVE IN THE MOST BEAUTIFUL AND BEST SMALL MARKET IN THE COUNTRY

PLUS WORK AT THE #1 RADIO STATION IN CENTRAL OREGON!

KSJJ 102.9 IS IN SEARCH FOR A MUSIC DIRECTOR/AFTERNOON

AIR TALENT. CANDIDATE MUST HAVE TWO YEARS EXPERIENCE

WITH SELECTOR AND MUSIC LOG SCHEDULING/EDITING SKILLS

IS MANDATORY. AIRSHIFT INCLUDES LIVE AND RECORDED BROADCASTS

WHILE EXECUTING CONTESTS AND OPERATING A CONTROL BOARD.

MUST POSSESS KNOWLEDGE OF COUNTRY MUSIC AND THEIR AUDIENCE.

THIS POSITION ALSO INCLUDES TRACKING MIDDAYS ON AC STATION MIX 100.7

SOLID ON AIR SKILLS A MUST WITH KNOWLEDGE OF SCOTT STUDIO

AND COOL EDIT A PLUS.

GREAT COMPANY. GREAT BENEFITS. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.

SEND RESUME, MP3 AIRCHECK OF RECENT SHOW TO: Humanresources@bendradiogroup.com

OR BY MAIL TO:

Human Resources

KSJJ 102.9

345 SW CYBER DRIVE, #101-103

BEND, OREGON 97702

Bend Radio Group is an equal opportunity employer (EEOC)

Live and work in Beautiful Central Oregon! Love Production?

by cherihol » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Bend Radio Group, Central Oregon’s # 1 radio group, is in search of a Production Director/Afternoon air talent (KRXF-FM). Candidate must have 3 years of Production Director and innovative copywriting skills; Scott Studios and Cool Edit a plus. Production Director manages the creation and production of commercials, as well as station promos, liners, etc. for a 5 station cluster. Airshift includes live and recorded broadcasts while executing contests and operating a control board. Great Company, great benefits. NO PHONE CALLS.

Must be team player. Other duties as assigned by Operations Manager.

Submit mp3 aircheck of Production and recent show and resume to Human Resources at humanresources@bendradiogroup.com or mail to 345 SW Cyber Dr. #101-103 Bend OR 97702. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. The Bend Radio Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

(EEOC)

EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:

Minimum 3 years Production Director Experience MANDITORY

Innovative Copy Writing Skills

Valid Driver’s License, with ability to obtain Oregon Driver’s License within 90 days for use of Company vehicles

EDUCATION OR TRAINING:

College degree desired but not required, basic computer skills required

The Bend Radio Group, is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (EEOC)

semoochie
    Participant

KACI The Dalles has applied to move its antenna to what appears to be the old KMCQ tower, still a Class C2, 2.3KW @588 meters HAAT on 93.5. It looks like the 70dbu contour will just barely cover all of Hood River and brush up against Goldendale.

semoochie
    Participant

I wonder if this will affect the local translator. I used to get KMCQ very clearly in some areas. It could’ve been because of the higher power but the location alone might be enough.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Phat Matt Ganssle Joins Bend Radio Group

BEND RADIO GROUP/BEND, OR, including Country KSJJ, has tapped radio veteran “PHAT” MATT GANSSLE as Production/Creative Services Director. MATT has over 15 years of radio experience, including stints at ALPHA BROADCASTING Country KUPL/PORTLAND, OR and CUMULUS Country KPLX/DALLAS. MATT will also retain his creative services role at KUPL and CMT RADIO.

semoochie
    Participant

Well, that was quick! KACI’s application, of three posts back, has been approved.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This From All Access:

Dave Sholin Heads For Bend Radio Group, KSJJ Afternoons

Longtime BAY AREA radio personality, programmer and music executive DAVE “DUKE” SHOLIN is heading for the PACIC NORTHWEST to do afternoons at BEND RADIO GROUP Country KSJJ/BEND, OR. Starting FEBRUARY 13th, he’ll also assist OM/PD “MISTER ED” LAMBERT in programming for KSJJ 102.9 and BRG’s five-station juggernaut.

The DUKE will continue his voiceover/imaging work, as well as operating his marketing firm and the online Americana music format “The Train,” which is heard on ACCURADIO.

“BEND is #1 in the USA for outdoor recreation and Today’s Country, KSJJ 102.9 is the #1 radio station in CENTRAL OREGON,” SHOLIN said. “It’s gonna be fun to hit the trail early in the morning and then hit the post late in the afternoon! My thanks to owner JIM GROSS and my longtime pal ‘MISTER ED’ LAMBERT for welcoming my wife DEBBIE and me to their family.”

“For those of us in broadcasting who still know fantastic radio and how it’s made, DAVE SHOLIN is a practicing legend in this business,” BEND RADIO GROUP owner JIM GROSS said. “What’s happening in radio today as some of the largest operators try to cure their financial indigestion is troubling. Still, it affords small companies like ours the opportunity to attract great radio personalities and programmers like DAVE SHOLIN and ED LAMBERT. We’re absolutely thrilled to be welcoming DAVE SHOLIN to our family and CENTRAL OREGON; DAVE will take us to new levels.”

paulwalker
    Participant

Another Bend group hired another Bay Area vet, Jack Friday years ago. I think what we are seeing is radio pros looking for stable situations in markets that are not controlled by corporate stock quotes. What a strange turn of events. Now the trend is real pros are in the small markets. I would hope many listeners in these smaller markets realize it, but I doubt it. It also reveals radio pros who love their industry so much it doesn’t matter where they do it, and at what price.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

L. TOPAZ ENTERPRISES, INC. is selling the construction permit for KZUO/UNION, OR to XANA OREGON, LLC for $75,000.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

CONSERVATION FOR CENTRAL OREGON has applied to the FCC for a Silent STA for its low power FM station KCPU-LP/BEND, OR, which is off the air for refurbishment of its facilities.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Peak Broadcasting Out Of Chapter 11

PEAK BROADCASTING just reported that it has emerged from Chapter 11 protection, which it entered earlier this year. The senior management team of CEO TODD LAWLEY and CFO TIM LYONS remains in place; all operations continue in FRESNO and BOISE.

PEAK exited Chapter 11 with a new credit facility that represents less than half the debt load the company had carried prior to its financial restructuring. “By significantly reducing the amount of debt outstanding on our balance sheet, this transaction provides PEAK with the flexibility to invest in our business to ensure that we continue to provide best-in-market audio programming to our consumers and marketing solutions to our clients,” LAWLEY stated.

As part of the exit from Chapter 11, the PEAK broadcast licenses officially transferred to TRUSTEE CLAUDIA HORN, EVP/CFO of BMTllc. The Trust has LMA’d the stations back to PEAK pending FCC approval of the transfer of licenses from the Trust to the newly formed PEAK, which is expected in the next 60-90 days. The Trust effective date was MARCH 15th.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Impact Names Mark Feather PD For KSRV And KWYD; Two Others Promoted

IMPACT RADIO has appointed MARK FEATHER PD for Adult Hits KSRV (96.1 BOB-FM) and Top 40/Rhythmic KWYD (WILD 101)/BOISE, ID. IMPACT has also upped KSRV Production Dir. JAMES GARNER to APD while RYAN DILLON (DEELON) is promoted to APD/MD for KWYD.

FEATHER previously programmed stations in KANSAS CITY, BAKERSFIELD, DENVER, RIVERSIDE and ALBUQUERQUE. “After a lengthy interview process which included some excellent candidates, we are excited to welcome MARK FEATHER to oversee programming for these two stations,” Market Manager DARRELL CALTON said. “His winning track record and track record in markets of all sizes and leadership skills will be a great fit with these two brands.”

Regarding GARNER and DILLON, CALTON added, “Both JAMES and RYAN have made great contributions to these brands since they’ve been here. We want to recognize their hard work and give them the opportunity to become more involved in our ongoing success.”

“I’m proud to make my return to day-to-day radio programming with IMPACT RADIO GROUP, and WILD and BOB,” FEATHER started. “I’ve done sales and syndication and a host of other things of late, only to discover that programming radio stations remains where my true passion lies. Plus, I’m blown away by the amount of talent already in place at these stations, and the tools to dominate the market that are at my immediate disposal. Needless to say, I can’t wait to get started!”

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 533 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.