Central & Eastern Oregon Radio Happenings

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Central & Eastern Oregon Radio Happenings

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 533 total)
  • Author
    Craig_Adams
    Participant

John Day has more than you would think:

AM

KJDY – 1400 – 1,000 watts.

FM

KOJD – 89.7 – 900 watts. (OPB)

KGNR – 91.9 – 1,500 watts. (CSN)

KJDY-FM – 94.5 – 39,000 watts.

KSPL-LP – 98.1 – 100 watts. (3ABN)

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

KBSU-A/Boise Flipping To News-Talk As KINF

IMPACT RADIO GROUP has assumed control of KBSU-A/BOISE from BOISE STATE UNIVERSITY and will flip the format from noncommercial Jazz to commercial Talk by FRIDAY (7/22). The station will change its call letters to KINF and will be nown as “NEWSRADIO AM730 KINF.” The lineup will include TALK RADIO NETWORK’s “AMERICA’S MORNING NEWS,” AMERICA’S RADIO NEWS NETWORK, LAURA INGRAHAM, RUSTY HUMPHRIES, and PHIL HENDRIE, plus news from the ASSOCIATED PRESS. Former CITADEL Talk KKOH-A/RENO News Dir. RICK WORTHINGTON has been named PD, with veteran radio newsman JAY HOWELL as News Director and former crosstown KBOI-A anchor/reporters KIMBERLY JAMES and MIKE SHARP.

Market Manager DARRELL CALTON said, “We are ecstatic about the launch of NEWSRADIO AM730 KINF. Our local team of reporters, anchors and partners will create a true radio news station designed for the TREASURE VALLEY. We should be technically ready by FRIDAY if not before.”

IMPACT is buying the station for $165,000 (NET NEWS 6/30).

semoochie
    Participant

I wonder if the new station knows about this: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Kinf

semoochie
    Participant

This doesn’t mean a thing but I thought it was interesting: I was looking at the Bend ratings and the #1, 3, 5, 8, 10, 12 and 15 stations are tied! That could very well be some sort of record, at least in Bend!

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Talker KINF/Boise Gets An FM Simulcast As V99.1 Flips

IMPACT RADIO GROUP has flipped Alternative KQLZ (V99.1)/BOISE to a simulcast of its recently-launched Talk KINF-A as “NEWSRADIO KINF 99.1 FM AND 730 AM.” The flip occurred TODAY at noon (MT).

Market Manager DARRELL CALTON said, “Spoken word formats are exploding on the FM band across AMERICA. We felt we had a tremendous opportunity to expand our ‘NEWSRADIO’ brand to a larger audience by adding 99.1 to the already strong AM 730 frequency. With a need for news and information more important and critical than ever, we couldn’t think of a better time to bring news and information to the FM dial.

“This will give listeners a chance to hear ‘NEWSRADIO’ no matter where they are in the TREASURE VALLEY and in a large portion of the MAGIC VALLEY. With our news partners at the IDAHO STATESMAN, our weather partners at KTRV-Channel 12 and up to the minute traffic reports from BOISE TRAFFIC we are creating a huge footprint for news and information as well as a great opportunity for advertisers to reach this very coveted audience on FM for the first time.”

In a message to listeners at V99.1’s FACEBOOK page, the station posted, “It started as a Virus 2 years ago. In just a short amount of time, it has infected and affected thousands of people in the TREASURE VALLEY and beyond. Music makes life’s good moments sweeter, it makes the tough moments a little easier, and it has the rare ability to lift, transform, and inspire a person’s soul. V99.1 has been lucky to share so many of these moments with all of you. To all our loyal fans, friends, and listeners, we sincerely thank you for all the support, goodbye!”

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Pirate Put On Notice By FCC

ROBERT DWAINE GRAFFI (103.5 FM, ENTERPRISE, OR)

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

In filings with the FCC, OREGON PUBLIC BROADCASTING has requested a Silent STA for FM translator K218BA/JOHN DAY, OR, supplanted for now by OPB’s new full-service station, KOJD/JOHN DAY, OR.

msndrspdx
    Participant

It’ll be interesting to see what happens to the OPB translator in John Day, now that KOJD has now basically replaced it.

Is it just me, or are we seeing a lot of news and/or sports radio stations going to AM/FM simulcasting a lot more recently?

Best, M. 8)

jr_tech
    Participant

Seems like OPB could have put KMHD on it rather than taking it dark…Will be interesting indeed, to see what happens.

Update: Some clarification from the STA filing:

Exhibit 1

Description: JUSTIFICATION FOR REQUEST

IN VIEW OF THE COMMENCEMENT OF OPERATIONS OF THE LICENSEE’S NEW FULL-SERVICE STATION KOJD(FM) AT JOHN DAY, TRANSLATOR STATION K218BA CEASED BROADCASTING ON AUGUST 11. SILENCE AUTHORITY IS REQUESTED TO GIVE THE LICENSEE AN OPPORTUNITY TO INVESTIGATE WHETHER IT WOULD BEST SERVE THE PUBLIC INTEREST TO USE THE TRANSLATOR AT THE CURRENT LOCATION TO EXPAND THE REACH OF ANOTHER OREGON PUBLIC BROADCASTING PROGRAM SERVICE OR TO MOVE IT TO EXTEND THE REACH OF THE PROGRAM SERVICE THAT IT HAS REBROADCAST IN THE PAST TO AN AREA NOT NOW RECEIVING THAT SERVICE.

So, sounds to me as if it is a choice of KMHD or move it?

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Adios Juan, Hola Latino 106.3 In Boise

ADELANTE MEDIA KQTA/BOISE has flipped from Spanish Adult Hits “JUAN” to Spanish Contemporary as “LATINO 106.3.”

The move was made at 5p on LABOR DAY with GRUPO MONTEZ DE DURANGO’s “Que Triste es un Adios” (“How Sad is Goodbye”) the final song. SHAKIRA’s “Rabiosa” ushered in the new format.

Programming is being led by ADELANTE MEDIA GROUP corporate Dir./Programming and New Media JUAN GONZALEZ from the company’s SACRAMENTO HQ.

KQTA is not simulcasting KLMG (LATINO 97.9)/SACRAMENTO, but is offering unique programming to the TREASURE VALLEY’s bilingual, bi-cultural Hispanic population.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

KSJJ Seeks MD/Afternoon Personality, Jimbo To Exit

GROSS COMMUNICATIONS Country KSJJ/BEND, OR APD/afternoons JIMBO, who was also APD of sisters AC KMGX (MIX 100.7) and ESPN Sports KICE-A, will exit the cluster on OCTOBER 14th for family reasons. Details on his next move is forthcoming.

Meanwhile, KSJJ is looking for its next MD/afternoon personality. Candidate must have two years experience with SELECTOR and music log scheduling/editing skills is mandatory.

Airchecks and resumes may be sent to OM MISTER ED LAMBERT at humanresources@bendradiogroup.com or MR. ED LAMBERT, KSJJ 102.9, 345 SW Cyber Drive, #101-103, BEND, OR 97702.

semoochie
    Participant

I don’t think I’d want to be known as “Mister Ed anything”. They might try to pay me in oats! 🙂

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Donna James Upped To PD At KMTK

COMBINED COMMUNICATIONS Country KMTK (MOUNTAIN COUNTRY)/BEND,OR has promoted afternoon personality DONNA JAMES to PD. JAMES tells ALL ACCESS that former PD STEVE LEON will relinquish the programming efforts to concentrate on mornings. JAMES will continue her afternoon show duties.

DONNA JAMES is formerly of BUCK OWENS BROADCASTING Country KUZZ/BAKERSFIELD, where she was APD/MD/evening personality. She’s been with KMTK for several years now, and is also looking for music service.

Contact her at donna@combinedcommunications.com.

kahtik
    Participant

Yeah, I heard this one was coming a while back, but couldn’t discuss it. I worked for/with the new PD many years ago for nearly six months. Remember, if you can’t say anything nice about someone, then don’t say anything at all.

I wish the very long term staff, great clients and strong listeners positive reinforcement in the coming months.

God Bless.

msndrspdx
    Participant

The late Buck Owens, best remembered as the genial co-host of “Hee-Haw,” was based (along with his production company) in the Bakersfield, Ca., area for many years. A street in Bakersfield is now named for him, prominently signposted as a major exit on the CA 99 freeway.

Best, M. 8)

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 533 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.