Central & Eastern Oregon Radio Happenings

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Central & Eastern Oregon Radio Happenings

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 527 total)
  • Author
    jay_zie
    Participant

Six full hours of Lard Lardson would be booooring

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

KLRR Now Streaming

COMBINED COMMUNICATIONS Triple A KLRR (CLEAR 101.7)/BEND OR, is now streaming online.

Longtime PD DOUG DONOHO reports that the stream launched FRIDAY, MARCH 18th, to enthusiastic fans both locally and across the country.

“This has been a long time coming,” said DONOHO. “In smaller markets, like in CENTRAL OREGON, getting a chance to stream the signal to the outlying areas not covered by the terrestrial signal is a huge asset. Already we are getting hits and amazing response. And now, the fight for radio listening in offices won’t be as much of an issue.”

RCA892r
    Participant

Craig thanks for the Feb 28 post on changes in the Boise area. The bottom line is the call letters for the station my wife and I owned along the Idaho-Oregon border have disappeared as has the station. FM moved away some time ago. Now the AM stick has gone to a neighboring town and the call letters for both vaporized in a format change. Iconic art deco studio bldg with glass blocks and spiral staircase empty and decaying. Your post was the first I’d heard of changes.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

Glad to be of service. You and other readers are the reason I do this. 🙂

boisebill
    Participant

Guess it won’t matter anymore if the old KWEI building’s got a foot or two of flood water in it this spring.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

THE TOM KENT RADIO NETWORK adds HORIZON BROADCASTING Classic Hits KQAK/BEND, OR, adding “The Ultimate Party” for SATURDAYS 7p-12m.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Sales Wrap-up

Not yet filed with the FCC, and after several abortive attempts at a deal, silent KDJQ-A/MERIDIAN-BOISE has been sold by court-ordered auction through GREG MERRILL of MEDIA SERVICES GROUP. The purchaser is TERRY W. MATHIS, former CITADEL/SALT LAKE CITY Director of Sales, and the price is $139,500. MERRILL served as receiver and representative of former owner TRI STATE MANAGEMENT, LLC.

jay_zie
    Participant

Wasn’t KDJQ-AM owned at one point by Churchill Media?

boisebill
    Participant

Churchill backed out of the buy.

$139K for a daytimer. Guess that’s about the going price for one.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Sales Wrap-up

WORLD RADIO NETWORK, INC. is selling noncommercial Spanish Variety KBNO-F/WHITE SALMON, WA to GOSPEL ECHO, INC. for $1.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

In other filings with the FCC, BOISE STATE UNIVERSITY is selling Jazz KBSU-A/BOISE to FM IDAHO CO., LLC dba IMPACT RADIO GROUP for $165,000 plus an LMA before closing.

the_radio_guy
    Participant

I wonder what Impact has planned for 730, which has a strong 15,000 watt daytime signal.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

HAYSTACK BROADCASTING, INC. has applied for a Silent STA for KWCQ/CONDON, OR.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

OPB’s newest station is on the air. KOJD 89.7MHz John Day. Just heard an OPB ID. http://cdbs.recnet.net:8080/fmq.php?call=KOJD

msndrspdx
    Participant

The only other significant radio station in John Day is KJDY, which has carried the Trail Blazers Radio Network for many years. Best, M. 8)

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 527 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.