Central & Eastern Oregon Radio Happenings

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Central & Eastern Oregon Radio Happenings

This topic contains 433 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by  Craig_Adams 6 days, 2 hours ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 421 through 434 (of 434 total)
  • Author

boisebill
    Participant

Don’t know a Roy Gould.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

XANA OREGON, LLC has closed on the sale of Country KHKF/ISLAND CITY, OR and K267CE/LA GRANDE, OR to EMG2, LLC for $190,000.

EastOR-radio
    Participant

Does not sound like Starlight Broadcasting LLC and local radio in Burns will be around much longer. This is from the Starlight Broadcasting facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1215308358496543/?ref=bookmarks

I have sad and depressing news
    After being negative in my bank account not even enough money to get basic human means at the grocery store and now I am about to lose my home. I have decided I have to sell the radio station has absolutely no income coming in and I can no longer survive I have put every single penny that I own in the this place and it has brought in a absolutely nothing. When I can’t even afford to get gas for my car or a roof over my head enough is enough I will be putting the radio station for sale as soon as possible I will be talking with the FCC tomorrow about possibly taking it off the air so I don’t accumulate anymore bills. I’ve destroyed my credit trying to keep this place operational just for the folks of this community and pretty much all its done is brought me is pain and losing everything I thank you all who have supported us threw the years .thanks again I will never forget all,of you !

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

VALLEY VIEW BROADCASTING, INC. has filed for a Silent STA for low power FM KSPL-LP/JOHN DAY, OR due to transmitter failure.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

ROGUE RADIO is selling KSQI/MADRAS, OR to OPENSKYRADIO CORP. for $25,000.

cbaravelli
    Participant

From ToolShed PDX to Rogue River for $1. From Rogue River to Open Sky Radio (.org) for $25,000 three months later. Who says there’s no money in radio.
    Proposed KSQI-FM is Class C2. License has troubled past. ToolShed PDX CP for 100 kW from the Tyco/Harris site on Eagle butte north of Madras is quashed by Bureau of Land Management because NEIR radiation standards. Don’t want to fry the jack rabbits. Rogue River CP for 1 kW from the AT&T site on Grizzly Peak east and south of Madras faces the same BLM issues although NEIR is only 2% (so they say) above NEIR and existing radio and television transmitters at the site exceed the standard.
    Cafunkle starts when Horizon Broadcasting moves 100 kW KWLZ-FM to KWEE-FM – West Linn.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION is selling Spanish Religion KWEI-A and K260CU/WEISER, ID to RADIO RANCHO, LLC (KEVIN TERRY’s JLD MEDIA, LLC) for $20,000.

cbaravelli
    Participant

Gem Valley is a tough media market.
    La GranD type format as the other two Radio Rancho FM stations in Mountain Home and Nampa?

RCA892r
    Participant

That’s about 150K less than I paid for 1260am and a just barely on the air 99.5 FM back in 1984.

cbaravelli
    Participant

Treasure Valley. My bad. Gem Valley is on the other side of the State.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Filing for an STA is FAMILY STATIONS, INC. (KPFR/PINE GROVE, OR, reduced power due to suspected icing and transmitter damage.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

EDGEWATER BROADCASTING, INC. is selling K261DO/BEND, OR to COMBINED COMMUNICATIONS, INC. for $26,700 under an option in its FM Translator Rebroadcast Agreement; the translator rebroadcasts News-Talk KBND-A (FM NEWS 100.1/1110 AM KBND)/BEND.

cbaravelli
    Participant

From Starlight Broadcasting LLC:
    Chris Pruett [KQSB-FM, Burns, OR]
    7 hrs [10:00 AM Friday 25 May 2017]

“Good afternoon.
    So after only getting $570 in donations total to save the radio station. I am sadly informing the community Starlight broadcasting will be having to be bought out by another company. I will still manage the station but for another company. We appreciate you letting us into your homes for the past few years and into your radio. This was an extremely upsetting decision to have to make. Without the community support and local businesses we cannot afford to keep it on the air alone… but I did make a promise that I would always keep the radio on the air and this is the only way we can do this at this point. The company that is taking over as a really great company and it’s owned by one of the must establish radio station companies in the northwest. Though they are not local they will still be letting me run the station to try to keep the radio on the air for Harney County. Again I was very blessed to be given this opportunity to serve you the community and that is something I will always cherish. The Starlight will cease to exist I’d like to think we made an impact on everyone. Starlight broadcasting radio group operations will end at the end of August and that is when the new company will take over. We will be getting radio back on the air for you in the next couple of days. Again I would like to thank you guys for supporting us throughout the years.”
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1215308358496543/?ref=bookmarks

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

FCC, STARLIGHT BROADCASTING LLC is selling Hot AC KSQB (STAR 92.7), Country KYQT-A (THE COYOTE), and K256DC/BURNS, OR to ALEXANDRA COMMUNICATIONS, INC. for $75,000 in a promissory note.

Viewing 14 posts - 421 through 434 (of 434 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.