Central & Eastern Oregon Radio Happenings

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Central & Eastern Oregon Radio Happenings

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 519 total)
  • Author
    Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

‘Tom Gresham’s Gun Talk’ Adds More Affiliates

The syndicated TOM GRESHAM’S GUN TALK has been added at COMBINED COMMUNICATIONS Talk KBND-A/BEND, OR.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

FCC Fines Unlicensed Oregon FM Operator

JOSHUA M. MCMURCHIE has been fined $15,000 by the FCC for operating an unlicensed station at 97.9 FM in PRINEVILLE, OR.

MCMURCHIE did not respond to a notice of apparent liability in the matter.

______________________________________________________________________________________

From The FCC May 9, 2013

http://www.fcc.gov/document/joshua-m-mcmurchie-0

From The FCC July 17, 2012

http://transition.fcc.gov/eb/Orders/2012/DA-12-1140A1.html

From The FCC Oct 27, 2011

http://transition.fcc.gov/eb/FieldNotices/2003/DOC-310735A1.html

Mug Shot

http://www.mugshotsworld.com/JOSHUA-MICHEAL-MCMURCHIE

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

MEDIA ENTERPRISES, LLC is selling Spanish Sports KWEI-A (ESPN DEPORTES RADIO, LA CALIENTE)/NOTUS-BOISE, ID to TREASURE VALLEY BROADCASTING CO. for $20,000.

boisebill
    Participant

Ok…

New owner has KKOO (was KWEI-FM) 99.5 and KTRP 1260 (was KWEI AM).

KWEI 1450 Notus was KIOV. Way before this it was KYET Payette.

It was moved from Payette to Notus on the premis the tower site in Payette was no-longer available and un-usable (the owner of that tower disputes this). AND, the ONLY place they could find to build a new tower was half way to Caldwell!

1260 KTRP (was KWEI) is operating from the ex-KIOV 1450 tower, the tower that was said to be no-longer available/un-usable for KIOV.

😉

892R
    Participant

And if you’d like to buy the old, now abandoned, art deco, original KWEI Studio just south of Weiser Idaho, it is for sale. The tower is still intact. Current KWEI/KTRP/KKOOFM studios are in Boise.

http://www.fybush.com/sites/2008/site-080801.html

Scroll down to the picture….

bossjock
    Participant

re: KWEI studio building – interior pictures! and property description here:

http://commercial.century21.com/listing/556-us-hwy-95-weiser-id-83672-REN004983403

boisebill
    Participant

What they don’t mention is the high-water mark two feet up the front door.

Weiser River floods a bit on a yearly basis.

I like the description: “•Architecture Style: Other “

jr_tech
    Participant

“What they don’t mention is the high-water mark two feet up the front door.

Weiser River floods a bit on a yearly basis”

Ooops! before that comment, the place was looking like an excellent spot for a retired DXer, the architecture *could* be interesting to work with, and the yearly fiddle contest is worth attending! High water would detract somewhat! 🙁

boisebill
    Participant

They also didn’t mention the funky 240 V power to the building.

What is that second tiny transformer on the pole for?!?

And the “how the hell is this still working” AC panel in the basement.

Been a bit wet while energized.

Gut the basement and first floor.

Put new electrical panel on the second floor.

Live on the second floor.

Put a 6-foot dike around it with pumps.

892R
    Participant

Boss Jock thanks for posting the link to the interior pix. Brings back a lot of memories from 1984-85. I wouldn’t be as concerned about the flooding as I would be about the extremely porous nature of the stucco covered building. In the winter lots of the neighborhood mice like to take up residence in the walls. Once I found a nice garter snake in the upstairs john. During the dark days when our tenure was winding down there was a small grass fire in a nearby farmers field…winds were pushing it towards the (insured) building. I thought twice before I did the right thing and called Weiser Fire.

boisebill
    Participant

Testing testing… Is this thing on?

Have pictures of the inside of the KWEI biulding from ’06.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

KQFC Boise Is Now Nash-FM

This from All Access:

Cumulus Takes NASH-FM National, Country Brand Launches In 5 New Markets – No Staff Cuts Reported

CUMULUS MEDIA will expand its Country NASH-FM brand to six additional stations TODAY (5/24), relaunching WPKR and WPCK/APPLETON-GREEN BAY, WI; KHKI/DES MOINES; WKAK/ALBANY, GA; KQFC/BOISE and WLXX/LEXINGTON, KY under the NASH-FM brand, with logos, websites and on-air promotions using NASH-FM and “Powered by NASH” language to identify and position themselves.

The move confirms widespread rumors (NET NEWS 5/23) this week, regarding the growth of NASH-FM beyond flagship station WNSH (NASH-FM)/NEW YORK.

“Following our debut of the NASH-FM brand earlier this year we’re excited about expanding NASH to more radio stations as well as bringing NASH content to other forms of media including video and magazines,” CUMULUS CEO LEW DICKEY said. “Our listeners and advertisers will continue to benefit from the variety of on-air and off-air COUNTRY lifestyle content opportunities associated with the NASH brand.”

The company first launched what it refers to as “The NASH Entertainment Brand” in JANUARY (NET NEWS 1/21), flipping former Christian WFME/NEW YORK to Country and calling it “America’s Country Station.” One week later, the WNSH calls were unveiled, with future plans to include a NASH magazine, online content and television programming.

No Staff Cuts Reported

Station PDs have confirmed that no staff changes are expected as a result of the move, something WKAK PD JOHN BLAKE calls, “An exciting time for the station. WKAK has been some form of KCOUNTRY for over 40 years now so this is a big change, but a good one.”

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

LYLE E. DODGE is transferring the construction permits for FM translators K233CJ/COLLEGE PLACE, WA and K283BU/WALLA WALLA, WA to HODGINS for coverage of costs. K233CJ will rebroadcast Oldies KZIU-F-HD3/WESTON, OR and K283BU will rebroadcast Country KZIU-F-HD4/WESTON, OR.

boisebill
    Participant

FCC has “restored” the Arlington OR 295C2 (106.9) allocation to the table of allotments. Probably available in the next auction!

“These vacant allotments have previously undergone notice and comment rule making, but they were inadvertently removed from the FM Table by Changes of Community R&O.”

field_strength
    Participant

Can someone tell me why someone would pay any money to bid for and build a class C2 in Arlington? The best you could hope for is fringe coverage of Hermiston. There are arguably already more radio stations that area can really support. I mean, in this day and age, is it feasible? If I’m ignorant, fill me in!

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 519 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.