Central & Eastern Oregon Radio Happenings

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Central & Eastern Oregon Radio Happenings

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 533 total)
  • Author
    Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

LARHARPOL LLC has requested a Silent STA for KBDF/DIAMOND LAKE, OR.in response to a Notice of Unlicensed Radio Operation from the Commission.

Master of Disaster
    Participant

106.1 KWCQ in Condon is playing construction sounds and has been since at least sunday saying a new station is coming soon.

Also when they are id they are saying KWCQ Condon, Tri-Cities. Any clue which frequency they picked up in Tri-Cities. Was wondering if it is the new 107.3? Can anyone confirm?

That’s exactly what happened:

http://radioinsight.com/blog/headlines/79283/a-new-beat-for-kennewickpascorichland/

The station covers Kennewick via translator K297BE. The 50 watt translator is being fed via 106.1 KWCQ Condon OR.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Co-Host Opening At KMTK/Bend, OR

COMBINED COMMUNICATIONS Country KMTK/BEND, OR PD/morning star DONNA JAMES is looking for a co-host to join her on the morning show.

About the opening and the kind of candidate that JAMES is looking for, she said, “BEND, OREGON is paradise… it’s like living in a postcard! We work for a great company and I think doing a morning show with me would be a blast. Most important quality is someone who is authentic and real, someone who gets how sharing who you are makes great morning radio. Would prefer someone who would be willing to take a pole dancing class with me but it’s not mandatory. I have been the strong comic lead in the show but looking for someone to help balance that out and really make this show their baby. I really do want someone who wants to be here for a very long time. No prima-donnas please!”

Candidates can reach out to DONNA JAMES at donna@mountain997.com.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Horizon Bolsters Sales Staff

HORIZON BROADCASTING GROUP/BEND, OR has named KENN BROWN GSM and MIKE CHENEY LSM of its six radio stations. “I am delighted to have KENN and MIKE join our sales management team in BEND,” HORIZON BROADCASTING GROUP Pres./CEO KEITH SHIPMAN said. “They have wonderful perspective of this market and we are looking forward to their leadership of our sales efforts.”

Gross
    Participant

Congrats Kenn and Mike. A team that have produced radio success in Central Oregon for a long time. Best Wishes.

semoochie
    Participant

A new Class C3 has been granted for The Dalles, on 101.5, with 9KW @ 167 meters above average terrain, using a directional antenna.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

FCC Reschedules FM Auction 94

The FCC has rescheduled its FM Auction 94 for APRIL 23rd. 112 construction permits are being auctioned in the process, with five others being removed from the list.

Among the allocations with the highest opening bid levels are stations in LAKE PARK, FL, MECCA, CA, SILVER SPRINGS SHORES, FL, ERIE, PA, PRINEVLLE, OR, MERTZON, TX, MULESHOE, TX, WASCO, CA, ST. SIMONS ISLAND, GA, DEBECQUE, CO, and ROSWELL, NM.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

ESPN Radio To Move In Boise To KINF

IMPACT RADIO GROUP Talk KINF-A-F/BOISE, ID will flip to Sports as the market’s new ESPN RADIO affiliate starting JANUARY 1st, reports NBC affiliate KTVB (TV).

The affiliation is moving from crosstown CUMULUS Sports KTIK-A-F (93.1 THE TICKET), which is expected to pick up the new CBS SPORTS RADIO network.

boisebill
    Participant

Actually Impact is indicating it’s only the AM KINF 730 that will have ESPN.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

CUMULUS MEDIA NETWORKS has new affiliates for The SAVAGE Nation: KBND-A/BEND, OR.

jay_zie
    Participant

It appears that Calvary Chapel’s CP for K262BR 100.3 Redmond, OR has expired. What happens to the frequency in a case like this? Can anybody apply for iy?

Andy Brown
    Participant

They normally have no remedy other than reapplying for reinstatement of their C.P., which is hard to get since the rule is you get three years and that’s it.

They will probably if they haven’t already filed something, do so shortly. What day did it expire?

No one can apply for new translator frequencies (which is what it becomes if they don’t file something

to keep it in limbo) right now and probably not for several years.

The frequency, if it becomes available, would probably get filed on during the LPFM window later this year.

Wait a few days and check again. As long as the CP still shows on an FM Query, or unless you see an FCC action to the contrary, it’s still active. Again, even if it gets deleted from the FCC database, no one can file on it right now. (The FCC routinely returns applications filed when there is no appropriate window for accepting them open.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

LIFETALK RADIO, INC. is selling noncommercial Religion KLRF/MILTON-FREEWATER, OR to STATELINE SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH for $15,000.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

Lola Montgomery Tapped For Mornings At KMGX As Skip Taylor Retires

BEND RADIO GROUP AC KMGX (THE NEW MIX 100.7)/ BEND, OR morning personality SKIP TAYLOR has announced his retirement after decades of service. “I’m ready to enjoy some time at my home in ALFALFA, OREGON with my wife, do some traveling, and sleep in,” said TAYLOR.

“SKIP has been an asset to the community and the BEND RADIO GROUP for many years,” said CEO/GM JIM GROSS. “We congratulate SKIP on such a major life accomplishment.”

Coming in to replace TAYLOR for mornings is radio veteran LOLA MONTGOMERY, most recently of ALPHA BROADCASTING Country KUPL/ PORTLAND, OR.

“LOLA is a small-town girl with proven major-market talent. I’m confident she’ll earn the respect and adoration of our CENTRAL OREGON community,” said PD PHAT MATT GANSSLE. “She has an infectious personality and her content is second-to-none.”

semoochie
    Participant

A new Class C1 on 96.5 with 100KW @ 149.4 meters HAAT has been authorized for Madras. This basically replaces the one in Warm Springs, after the latter moves to 96.3, here.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 533 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.