Central & Eastern Oregon Radio Happenings

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Central & Eastern Oregon Radio Happenings

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 492 total)
  • Author
    boisebill
    Participant

“Cumulus Swaps KRUZ/Santa Barbara To EMF For KXPC/Eugene”

This depends on KNRQ’s move.

“Description: MULTIPLE OWNERSHIP

AS DEMONSTRATED IN THE RADIO MARKET ANALYSIS APPENDED HERETO, THE PROPOSED ACQUISITION OF STATION KXPC-FM WILL RESULT IN CUMULUS LICENSING LLC (‘CUMULUS’) HOLDING AN ATTRIBUTABLE INTEREST IN FIVE (5) FM STATIONS IN A RADIO MARKET IN WHICH NOT MORE THAN FOUR (4) COMMERCIAL STATIONS IN THE SAME SERVICE MAY BE COMMONLY OWNED. ONE OF THOSE STATIONS, HOWEVER, IS KNRQ-FM, WHICH HAS BEEN ISSUED A CONSTRUCTION PERMIT TO CHANGE ITS COMMUNITY OF LICENSE TO ALOHA, OREGON (FILE NO. BMPH-20100805AKO), WHICH EXPIRES ON JANUARY 16, 2013. ALOHA IS LOCATED IN THE PORTLAND, OREGON ARBITRON METRO. CUMULUS INTENDS TO COMPLETE CONSTRUCTION OF THE NEW CLASS C1 FACILITY ON CHANNEL 250 AT ALOHA IN DECEMBER 2012. UPON THE FILING OF THE FCC FORM 302-FM APPLICATION FOR STATION KNRQ-FM AT ALOHA, KNRQ-FM NO LONGER WILL BE LOCATED IN THE EUGENE-SPRINGFIELD ARBITRON METRO, BUT WILL BE LOCATED IN THE PORTLAND, OREGON ARBITRON METRO. THUS, UPON COMPLETION OF CONSTRUCTION OF KNRQ-FM’S MODIFIED FACILITY AT ALOHA, THE INSTANT APPLICATION WILL BE IN COMPLIANCE WITH SECTION 73.3555(A)(1)(II) OF THE COMMISSION’S RULES BECAUSE CUMULUS WILL HOLD AN ATTRIBUTABLE INTEREST IN ONLY FOUR (4) FM STATIONS IN THE RELEVANT RADIO MARKET. CUMULUS THEREFORE REQUESTS A TEMPORARY WAIVER OF SECTION 73.3555(A)(1)(II) OF THE RULES TO ALLOW SUFFICIENT TIME TO COMPLETE CONSTRUCTION OF KNRQ-FM’S MODIFIED FACILITY AT ALOHA, OREGON, WHICH WILL BE PRIOR TO CONSUMMATION OF THE PROPOSED TRANSACTION.”

boisebill
    Participant
    Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

SUNRIVER BROADCASTING CORP. d/b/a FIELDS POND GROUP has closed on the sale of Top 40 KXIX (POWER 94)/SUNRIVER-BEND, OR to GROSS COMMUNICATIONS CORP./GCC BEND, LLC for $833,000 plus $15,000 of “bartered assets in the BEND, OREGON area.”

boisebill
    Participant

FM STATION APPLICATIONS FOR ORIGINAL CONSTRUCTION PERMIT GRANTED

OR BNPH-20120525AFD NEW 190435 SUNRIVER BROADCASTING CORP. CP New Station.

E 106.5 MHZ TERREBONNE, OR Auction 93 Application

70 dBu gets into Bend from the Prineville site.

jay_zie
    Participant

I wonder who will buy this one off Sunriver Broadcasting dba Fields Pond in a couple of years

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

HAYSTACK BROADCASTING, INC. is selling Hot AC KWCQ (103.1 STAR FM)/CONDON, OR to JACOBS RADIO PROGRAMMING for $12.500.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

Susan Groves Named OM For Journal Broadcasting/Boise

SUSAN GROVES is exiting her OM role at MID-WEST FAMILY BROADCASTING in SPRINGFIELD, IL to hold a similar post at JOURNAL BROADCASTING’s four-station cluster in BOISE and as well as PD of Triple A KRVB (THE RIVER). The other stations in the cluster include Active Rock KQXR, Classic Hits KJOT and Oldies KTHI.

She begins MONDAY, OCTOBER 8th.

GROVES said, “Leaving MID-WEST FAMILY is the hardest time I’ve ever had leaving a job. The people here are so awesome; I had no intention of leaving, but then I saw BOISE with my own eyes!”

Current OM DAN MCCOLLY, is heading over from the television division of JOURNAL.

semoochie
    Participant

Sunriver Broadcasting has been granted a Class C2 on 106.5 with 2.4KW @ 582 meters HAAT, licensed to Terrebonne. The 70dbu contour should cut through the center of Bend. This looks like the same basic facility as KWXS, referred to earlier in this thread.

Broadway
    Participant

It’s amazing how many FM signals continue to be added to the Central Oregon area!

jay_zie
    Participant

All we need now is a Spanish FM

EO-dude
    Participant

106.1 KWCQ in Condon is playing construction sounds and has been since at least sunday saying a new station is coming soon.

Also when they are id they are saying KWCQ Condon, Tri-Cities. Any clue which frequency they picked up in Tri-Cities. Was wondering if it is the new 107.3? Can anyone confirm?

boisebill
    Participant

The FCC xfr finally showed up today in the Daily Digest

FM STATION APPLICATIONS FOR ASSIGNMENT OF LICENSE ACCEPTED FOR FILING

OR BALH-20121001AQG KWCQ 164221 HAYSTACK BROADCASTING, INC. Voluntary Assignment of License

E 106.1 MHZ CONDON, OR From: HAYSTACK BROADCASTING, INC.

To: JACOBS RADIO PROGRAMMING

Form 314

semoochie
    Participant

I’m a little confused here. I was under the impression that they had moved from 93.5 to 106.1 sometime ago, thereby allowing KACI to move from 97.7 to 93.5.

EO-dude
    Participant

KWCQ was previously at 93.5 but moved to 106.1 in 2011. KACI-FM just moved from 97.7 to 93.5 about a month ago.

semoochie
    Participant

That’s what I thought. It must just be a format change.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 492 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.