Central & Eastern Oregon Radio Happenings

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Central & Eastern Oregon Radio Happenings

This topic contains 406 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by  W7PAT 5 days, 21 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 407 total)
  • Author

Craig_Adams
    Participant

This from All Access:

In technical filings, WALLOWA VALLEY RADIO has applied to move KWVR-A/ENTERPRISE, OR to a new site after losing its current location, which the licensee says is too small for a standard 90 degree ground system and which the owner intends to subdivide and sell.

______________________________________________________________________________________

KWVR’s transmitter site is on Golf Course Rd.

semoochie
    Participant

The occupant of 94.1 has applied to move to 92.9, soon to be replaced by a newly downgraded 94.1, which I believe is moving from 92.7 but don’t quote me.

the_radio_guy
    Participant

We have discussed the 92.9/94.1 issue in other threads. 94.3 KZPT’s move to Government Camp is forcing KXIX (Bend) to move from 94.1 to the less ideal 92.9. This forces 92.7 KRXF (Sunriver) to move to 94.1.

semoochie
    Participant

I know but they just applied this week.

the_radio_guy
    Participant

94.1 KXIX “Power 94” will not be moving after all. It will be less “Power”…but still on 94.1 (which will be licensed to Sunriver.) The Bend Radio Group made a wise decision, keeping KXIX on it’s heritage, interference-free frequency. As a C2 on 94.1, the KXIX signal will still reach into Washington and Eastern Oregon. Meanwhile, “92/7 FM” KRXF will get a nice coverage boost by switching to 92.9, as a C0. With this move, KRXF will no longer bump into The Dalles’ 92.7 KMSW, Burns’ 92.7 KQHC, or Newport’s 92.7 KNCU.

semoochie
    Participant

This sounds questionable at the eleventh hour. It seems more likely that the new occupant of 94.1 will keep it’s call letters and KXIX will change to something else on 92.9.

the_radio_guy
    Participant

“92/7 FM” has been promoting the upgrade to 92.9, on the air, and on their website/Facebook. They say it’s happening in one week, but haven’t given an exact date and time.

semoochie
    Participant

Now it makes sense: There is a Time Brokerage Agreement in place between GCC owned KXIX and Sunriver’s KRXF, where the former provides programming for the latter, with the option to purchase at some point. Expect to see an application soon that will give GCC ownership of KRXF.

the_radio_guy
    Participant

It sounds like the “big switch” is happening on Friday. I’m guessing that 94.3 KZPT (Government Camp) will be on the air very soon.

Yes, I’m expecting GCC to be owning both 92.9 and 94.1, in the not too distant future.

When 94.1 powers down to a C2, most listeners around Bend, Redmond, Sisters, etc., won’t notice the difference. Of course, places like Summer Lake, Mt. Hood, McKenzie Bridge, and other fringe reception areas, will have a noticably weaker signal.

the_radio_guy
    Participant

Now they are saying this weekend.

Broadway
    Participant

>>I’m guessing that 94.3 KZPT (Government Camp) will be on the air very soon

Don’t think that will happen for a while with the Bustos reorganization.

the_radio_guy
    Participant

Seems like it would be easy to plug in one of Bustos’ crap quality satellite feeds into the 94.3 KZPT transmitter.

the_radio_guy
    Participant

“92/7 FM” is making the switch to “92/9 FM” on Sunday.

Both 92.7 and 94.1 are running at low power right now.

bossjock
    Participant

>>I’m guessing that 94.3 KZPT (Government Camp) will be on the air very soon

>>>>Don’t think that will happen for a while with the Bustos reorganization

According to a column in Radio-Info, 94.3 and 1130 are outside the reorg, held in a separate company (Bustos Media *Holdings* LLC) which retains some CA stations under the same umbrella.

the_radio_guy
    Participant

“92/7 FM” ended up switching to “92/9 FM” (KRXF, Bend) last night (7/10) around 9 PM.

94.1 (KXIX, Sunriver) had very over-modulated audio, over the weekend.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 407 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.