Carly Fiorina on The Chinese

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Vitalogy
    Participant

“I have been doing business in China for decades, and I will tell you that yeah, the Chinese can take a test, but what they can’t do is innovate,” she said. “They are not terribly imaginative. They’re not entrepreneurial, they don’t innovate, that is why they are stealing our intellectual property.”

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/carly-fiorina-the-chinese-cant-innovate-not-terribly-imagina?utm_term=.me6akPq6k#.mo1kQY1DJ

WOW!

Amus
    Participant

Langston
    Participant

Obviously she is going after the Asian-American vote Republican style.

Deane Johnson
    Participant

Vitalogy, are you saying she is wrong?

Amus
    Participant

Anytime you make a blanket statement about a group of people, you are wrong.

Just like it’s wrong to say all old white guys are racists.

http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2013/10/10/photos-chinas-top-innovators/tab/slideshow/#slide/1

Vitalogy
    Participant

I’d say she’s wrong, as Amus pointed out.

Plus, it makes her sound kind of mean.

RobP
    Participant

But at least she isn’t hiding behind a screen of lies.

Deane Johnson
    Participant

I realize it’s a liberal thingy to pretend that certain characteristics don’t exist in various races of people. Since I have never dealt with the Chinese, I have no sense of whether her observation has any merit or not.

I doubt she has a snowball’s chance in hell of getting anywhere in her campaign, but at least she’s saying it like she sees it. Find that in any other politician.

Mrs.Merkin
    Participant

Meanwhile, I am still howling over Amus’ perfect segue (sp?). Hilarious and oh-so-funny.

duxrule
    Participant

“I doubt she has a snowball’s chance in hell of getting anywhere in her campaign, but at least she’s saying it like she sees it. Find that in any other politician.”

I guess you haven’t been keeping up with Bernie
    Sanders, Liz Warren or Jill Stein.

warner
    Participant

It’s a race between Carly and Rand Paul to see who can say the most stupidest things and thus implode their campaign the quickest. My bet is on Carly.

duxrule
    Participant

Santorum entered the race today, so they have some competition.

Amus
    Participant
    warner
    Participant

Actually, the whole GOP clown car is in competition for this honor, but Carly and Rand have kind of run out ahead for now. Not handling the media very well…

Amus
    Participant

Honestly, since it’s primary time, they don’t have to be concerned about handling the media in general well.

All they need now is to try to out crazy each other with the Fox News crowd.

It’s when their words come back to haunt them during the general campaign they need to worry about.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.