BUZZR

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    mwdxer1
    Participant

There is another new channel that TV stations are adding called BUZZR TV, coming on June 1st. The channel runs back to back old game shows from the B&W days to the 80s, it looks like. Much like what GSN was in the beginning. The channel looks like fun. Maybe someone will add it. Right now it looks like Fox stations are adding the channel for the most part, but KPTV may not have the room to add it, with everything else. KCOP 13 Fox LA is dropping Escape for BUZZR TV.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

Your post is confusing. Your [header] says “Buzzr”, yet every time you talk about Buzzr in your post, you say “Buzzr TV”. Why did you do that?

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Before reading the first post in this thread, I did not realize that “BUZZR” is a reference to the buzzers and similar alert sounds used in game shows. Instead, I thought that the thread was going to be about a radio jammer or an unintentional source of radio interference.

Radiodjm
    Participant

And I thought this was a radio board, not a TV discussion forum

jr_tech
    Participant

Ok… any update on the KNCU power increase? Still have not DXed it from Hillsboro. 🙁

mwdxer1
    Participant

We have been discussing KPTV’s new sub channels, so TV discussions are allowed here I presume, even though most is the discussion is radio.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

mwdxer1: You didn’t answer my question.

Your post is confusing. Your [header] says “Buzzr”, yet every time you talk about Buzzr in your post, you say “Buzzr TV”. Why did you do that?

mwdxer1
    Participant

“Buzzr” is a new OTA channel offering, called “Buzzr” or “Buzzr TV”, just like COZI or Laff TV. My heading probably should have said “Buzzr TV” rather than just “Buzzr”. I figured it was okay to post here as we have been talking about KPTV in regard to their new sub channel offerings. By the way Buzzr TV is also showing up on Fox stations all over. The channel came on June 1st andis running back to back old game shows, much like Game Shaw Network used to run in the beginning. Several Fox stations like KCOP LA are dropping Escape TV or Bounce TV for BUZZR TV. So some feel the service has good possibilities. Sorry for any confusion.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

I have no problem with TV posts here. I like reading about TV. I can’t believe that was your excuse when there are plenty of previous threads on the TV topic here.

What I don’t like are “headers” that are misleading, or say little to nothing about the real subject matter. I don’t like being conned into checking what is posted, when the poster had more than enough room in the header to explain the topic.

Alfredo_T
    Participant

I can appreciate the nostalgia and camp appeal of game show reruns. Nonetheless, I am surprised that so many old videotapes (and possibly kinescopes) of old game shows have been preserved.

mwdxer1
    Participant

Any suggestions on what I should have said on the header? Maybe something like TV sub channels?

mwdxer1
    Participant

There seems to be a following for the old game shows. I am surprised that GSN dropped most of the older ones. But it seems that many TV services start out running old shows and then process into new shows. Almost like they considered the old shows “filler” until they can afford to make or buy new shows. Many people like the old shows. There are a lot of sub channel material out there running old shows now (METV, Heroes & Icons, Antenna TV, THIS, Decades, COZI, etc).

semoochie
    Participant

My wife likes “Murder She Wrote”. That’s her “comfort food”. For me, it’s “What’s My Line?”.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

I’m not the greatest poster “header” on pdxradio, but I try to insert informative words into a condensed overview. You can also go too far by making your header too long. There are examples of this on pdxradio as well. If I had posted this, my header would have said:

BUZZR TV COMING TO PORTLAND?

or:

BUZZR GAME SHOW TV COMING TO PORTLAND?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.