Busted

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    radiodork
    Spectator
    skeptical
    Participant

“At the very least, State’s inspector general says Clinton didn’t do what she was supposed to, though it also notes widespread email issues across the tenures of five secretaries of state, not just Clinton. The report found top staffers frequently used personal emails too.”

Off with their heads, all of them. Or just Hillary?

radiodork
    Spectator

Hilary’s only defense with the email scandal is blaming other people for her own misdoings. The whole – everybody else was doing it why can’t I mantra makes her look foolish and desperate. Good grief Hillary you fucked up big time with the emails now own up to it. Her chances of making it to the whitehouse are looking slimmer and slimmer these days.

duxrule
    Participant

Own up for doing exactly what the five previous SOS’s did?

skeptical
    Participant

Gov Chris Christie and other Republicans have done the same as well Dork. Where shall we mount those heads?

radiodork
    Spectator

It amazes me how crooked Hillary always thinks she is above the law. She was a lawyer, she should know better. Her sheer incompetence with e mails is beyond disturbing. She likes to blame her predecessors to justify her own negligence/ incompetence in handling the emails. Colin Powell for instance did use a personal e mail address for government business, however he did not use a private server at his home, in his bathroom, as Clinton did.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Actually, if you read that report, Clinton did not do what the others did. The content of the emails may not be at issue. I don’t know the status of that.

I do know the status of the server and that is a primary, actionable matter. It’s actionable on a few fronts:

1. Security risk, and it was accessed at least once by a foreign entity that was not authorized. It is likely to have been accessed multiple times by others, but the forensics are not yet public. Oversignt, per number two below may have prevented this, or at the least, brought us awareness of the (multiple?) security breech(es). That foreign person took a plea deal recently. Might be yesterday.

2. The installation of it, permission, management and access requirements, etc.. were not done per the law governing these things. Clinton did not seek permission, nor did she abide by security and access archive requirements. Oversight and compliance simply were not there.

3. Forensic recovery of deleted data on that server shows her dump of emails early on, which I defended as acceptable by the way, were not complete. I’m not happy about that.

It’s not the use of a non .gov account at primary issue. Others did, in fact, do that. Nobody else ran their own setup with basically zero oversight and or compliance with access, archive, FOIA, etc…

And that is where the potential trouble is. Clinton may yet have solid answers, and it may yet be determined that these things do not warrant indictment. Fine, if so, but it looks a lot worse now than it did prior to the IG report.

I linked it in the other thread, FWIW.

And I personally do not want this to be an issue. But, it may be, and I’m more than a little pissed about defending Clinton on this only to find out there are more grave considerations. As far as I am concerned, she has to admit incompetence, or a lie regarding her complete submission of emails earlier.

Neither make me feel good about a run for President.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Secondly, the IG delivers findings of fact and recommendations.

The FBI / DOJ are the ones that will determine whether those findings warrant an indictment. They already warrant an investigation, and that effort happening right now isn’t a “security review.” It is the actual work needed to decide if the actionable should be acted on.

It might not.

This puts Clinton into a rough place. Until we do get a definitive decision, with justification, how can she really run?

jr_tech
    Participant

Presidential pardon??

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

Call in The Justice League. They can handle it.

radiodork
    Spectator

What do you think Lurk. Will crooked Hillary be wearing a Large or XL Orange jumpsuit?

Vitalogy
    Participant

No laws were broken. End of story. It’s a non-factor.

LurkingGrendel
    Participant

What I think? I think you’re a comical boob.

Hillary has about as much chance of going to prison as you do of seeing the inside of a library.

edselehr
    Participant

I’m waiting for Dork to hold Trump to the same level of integrity he apparently has for Hillary.

C’mon Dork – time to take a few whacks at The Donald for his failings. Or are you, maybe…(in my best Church Lady voice) A HYPOCRITE!?!

radiodork
    Spectator
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.