Bruce Murdock and John Erickson Both Retiring Dec. 20

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Bruce Murdock and John Erickson Both Retiring Dec. 20

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    bossjock
    Participant

Unofficially declaring Semoochie the Nostradamus of this thread – N & K announced on air this morning they’re leaving KOIT and moving to a gig in another state (although they claim to be under an agreement not to disclose the details until Entercom allows).

I’ve listened to them a bit since this came up…not my taste, but then I’m sure not in K103’s demo. Even for their listeners, two hours of baby stories every morning is going to get old quick.

(ALTHOUGH…N & K were on a country station in Sacramento prior to KOIT…and The Wolf is still missing a morning show.)

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by bossjock.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by bossjock.
    edselehr
    Participant

I’m in bossjock’s corner on this. What made the K103 Team special was their deep connection to Portland and the Northwest. Too bad they couldn’t have found someone local to fill those shoes – there is still a lot of talent floating around PDX.

semoochie
    Participant

As long as this is a K103 thread, I was surprised to hear two songs back-to-back that not that long ago, I would have been surprised to hear at all: “Only Girl In the World” and “Titanium”. I’m still surprised by the latter because it’s out of sync! You would think that would be enough to keep it from being a hit at all, let alone to get airplay on a Mainstream AC!

edselehr
    Participant
    semoochie
    Participant

It was more like a foul ball. I got the right city, as mentioned earlier!

warner
    Participant

Well, I should get credit for at least a double on this one. I picked Mike!

semoochie
    Participant

I find it interesting that the only two people to score on this one, went to school together.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.