Bruce Murdock and John Erickson Both Retiring Dec. 20

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Bruce Murdock and John Erickson Both Retiring Dec. 20

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    edselehr
    Participant

Just announced this morning.

End of an era. They’ll dearly be missed from the Portland airwaves.

Steve Naganuma
    Participant

Bruce & John, congratulations and enjoy retirement!

tombrooks
    Participant

Wow… That is good news for them – What a RUN they have had.. Congratulations to both Bruce and John ..!! (To Bruce you are such a great example of another successful Student from Benson High School – KBPS Radio…cheers to you)

semoochie
    Participant

I had suspected that they’d leave at the same time. I once attended a basketball game with Bruce Murdock, about 50 years ago, YIKES! Here’s the story from Radio Insight: https://radioinsight.com/headlines/182284/bruce-murdock-and-john-erickson-to-retire-from-k103-portland-morning-show/

Check out this picture of Bruce, John and Janine, courtesy of All Access:

https://www.allaccess.com/assets/img/editorial/raw/br/brucejohnjanine2019.jpg

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by semoochie.
    Steve Naganuma
    Participant

Sign up to get an invite to be in the iHeartRadio Theater during Bruce & John’s last show.

https://k103.iheart.com/contests/sign-up-for-bruce-john-s-farewell-show-747038/

nosignalallnoise
    Participant

So…. what’s going to happen once they’re gone? Are IFart going to bring in new announcers (who would subsequently have some VERY big boots to try and fill) or are they just going to dump KKCW into full-jukebox mode a la KYCH?

End of an era. K103FM is dead.

warner
    Participant

So…. what’s going to happen once they’re gone?

Hello Mike & Amy?

edselehr
    Participant

Wonder if Janine Wolf will be a part of any morning show reboot?

paulwalker
    Participant

Wow, what a run. Two of the best broadcasters in Northwest history. And a plug for their Seattle years as well. Bruce and John both spent time at KING-AM, but my memory does not serve me if John worked at KLSY, where Bruce spent many years. I’m sure someone knows! I worked with Bruce and John as a PT’r at KING back in the dark ages. Both real pro’s, always kind. I wish both well in retirement. You will be missed.

bossjock
    Participant

“Hello, Mike & Amy?”…

THERE ya go.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by bossjock.
    semoochie
    Participant

The husband and wife team of Nick Steele and Kirsten Flowers are leaving AC KOIT San Francisco, with no destination announced. Could they be coming to K103? If so, this will be the second time in a row that I’ve done this. I correctly guessed that Bruce Murdock would replace Craig Walker.

edselehr
    Participant

Just spent 10 minutes on YouTube with Nick and Kristen…I dunno, semoochie.

paulwalker
    Participant

“Just spent 10 minutes on YouTube with Nick and Kristen…I dunno, semoochie.”

I think edselehr and I will have to arm wrestle over this one. Semoochie, I think you will be 2 for 2.

semoochie
    Participant

Just to be somewhat on topic, does anyone remember Bruce Murdock as Bob Charles? I beg your pardon. The woman’s name is Kristen, not Kirsten!

edselehr
    Participant

I stand corrected, semoochie. Not saying you are wrong about Nick and KIRSTEN, I just wasn’t feeling the “natural successors to Bruce and John” vibe very strongly. But if they’re good (they seem to be) and the price is right, I’m sure IHeart is all in.

Soon enough we’ll know the fate of mornings on K103.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.