Bob Bennett, Former DJ & Traffic Reporter dies.

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Bob Bennett, Former DJ & Traffic Reporter dies.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Craig_Adams
    Participant

Sad news, Air Personality, Bob Bennett passed away at age 67 yesterday at 3:37pm. This being reported on his facebook page. Bob was a DJ on KPAM/KPAM-FM.

Bob was also a well known Traffic Reporter, heard on KSGO/KGON, KXL/KXL-FM, KKSN/KKSN-FM as a “Kisn Sky Spy”, KATU & KOIN-TV among other Portland Radio & Television stations.

In Seattle Bob was heard on KVI, KAYO & KPLZ. Still later he did Traffic Reports for Metro/Westwood One radio network in Portland and Los Angeles.

skeptical
    Participant

Was this guy at KPAM-FM in the early ’70s?

Craig_Adams
    Participant

According to Bryan O’Neal who was at KPAM-FM at the time, Bob Bennett did afternoon drive in 1975-76.

skeptical
    Participant

I’m likely to have heard him then. For what I found out later was a low-budget operation, KPAM-FM seemingly had top-notch voice talent during those days, which also included Tom Michaels and Michael O’Brien. 67 is a bit young to go. 🙁

Broadway
    Participant
    Craig_Adams
    Participant

Andy Manuel wrote me and said Bob & him worked in the early 1970’s at KEED Springfield. Bob also worked at KNND Cottage Grove. Andy also mentioned KSGO, KWJJ & Kisn-FM as well as Westwood One in LA for many, many stations. “He was a good man, good radio guy and a great friend”, Andy said.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

Here’s what North America is reading from All Access:

L.A., Portland Traffic Reporter And Radio Personality Bob Bennett Dies

Condolences to family and friends of LOS ANGELES market traffic reporter and radio veteran BOB BENNETT, who died SATURDAY (1/25). He battled prostate cancer for the past few years.

BENNETT was a traffic reporter for several stations and networks in PORTLAND and LOS ANGELES over the years, most recently for iHEARTMEDIA’s TOTAL TRAFFIC NETWORK and METRO NETWORKS before that, and a personality on stations like KPAM-A-F/PORTLAND, KVI-A, KAYO, and KPLZ/SEATTLE. He also created and performed music, both originals and covers.

On FACEBOOK, YOLANDA RAMIREZ LIVINGSTON wrote, “Our wonderful BOB lost his fight today. I will never forget him and what he meant to us. Nobody knows why things happen but I’m certain that meeting BOB was no accident. Everything happens for a reason. He was happiest when he was surrounded by the people he loved and people just loved being around BOB. He downplayed his illness like it was an inconvenience. Didn’t want to be ‘the sick guy.’ He enjoyed life as much as he could and even when he was very sick he never missed a beat with his humor and wit. BOB we all love you so much and if anything good came out of this it was meeting your siblings and especially your son STACY who truly is a mini you. We will always have you through your videos and especially the song you recorded in your living room … ‘Thank God it’s FRIDAY!’ What a wonderful last gift you left us. My BOB, every day is FRIDAY now for you. We love you and will miss you every day.”

Dxer1969
    Participant

He was a weekend DJ on KPAM 97.1 Bach in the day. He was good. Still remember him, so that says something. Damn! Even he passed. Oh shit!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.