Blazers coming to KJR Seattle (for 7 games)

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio Blazers coming to KJR Seattle (for 7 games)

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 26 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Brianl 3 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

paulwalker
    Participant

Yeah looks like Stanford, WA, WSU, and OR for 2016 in the north. Should be a great season to watch.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Agreed. Think the Washington teams will do much better. I always did like the college football season! Yaay!

Chico
    Participant

Most of my dad’s side of the family is from and still lives in SW WA and NW OR. I have multiple friends in and around Portland.

I love Portland. Love the energy, the minor weirdness, the feel of the place. Some days it feels like it is PDX and SEA against the world.

But I will never root for the f’ing Blazers. Does that make sense? I could go to almost any other NBA stadium and have a good time*. Not in Portland. It is much more intense when the rivalry is between friends rather than strangers.

My earliest sports memories where going to the Coliseum to boo the Blazers. My Dad was a Supersonics (NOT Sonics, thank you) season ticket holder and those were the times when he and I could get away from the rest of the family.

The Seattle team is now in some godforsaken place in cowpoke country. My Dad is greatly diminished and almost gone. No, I am not going to be a Blazer fan. I don’t think too many folks are too excited to listen to Blazer games on KJR.

*obviously not in OKC, because, you know. And not in SLC, because f%%k the Utah Jazz.

W7PAT
    Participant

Here is more from Northwest Broadcasters:

02/21/16 – As seven live broadcasts of Portland Trail Blazers games continue on KJR AM 950 Seattle, the team’s Senior VP of Brand Strategy and Digital Dewayne Hankins hopes for a future full-time affiliate in Seattle and Tacoma. Geoff Baker, Seattle Times http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/nba/is-there-an-nba-audience-in-seattle-kjr-seeks-to-find-out-with-blazers-broadcasts/

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by  W7PAT.

paulwalker
    Participant

Interesting. I still think this is just “filler” between Seattle’s major league sports. A full schedule would conflict with the Hawks. KJR seems to be grasping at straws at this point. Those favorable numbers about Blazer Basketball in W. WA are suspect, IMO.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by  paulwalker.

W7PAT
    Participant

Maybe Basketball will become regional like Football and Baseball. They cram the Seahawks and Mariners down our throats, maybe we can cram the Blazers down theirs. (lol)

semoochie
    Participant

I guess we’ll know for sure, when a lot of Seattleites start showing up at our home games.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Good point W7PAT. We gotta listen to their teams. So why not ours! Excellent observation. Never thought of that!

W7PAT
    Participant

Semoochie, the article mentions that there are people coming down to see the games.

paulwalker
    Participant

Of course Seattle and Portland do have one major difference, that being Vancouver, WA right across the river from Portland. I would guess that there is a greater Seattle fan base there from a percentage standpoint.

Dxer1969
    Participant

Agreed, Paul. It would be worthwhile from that standpoint! VAN population has grown substantially!

Brianl
    Participant

There’s a lot of Seattle sports fans down here regardless, Paul. Some have transitioned to the Blazers, and many of us (myself included) want nothing to do with the NBA, at least until the terrible wrong that was pushed through by David Stern, Clay Bennett and their slimy ilk is righted.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.