In 1945 Bill was on KGW with “The Midnight Show” and was named Senior Announcer. On February 1, 1946 it was announced Bill Sawyer & Don Kneass were co-owners of the new “Portland Announcing Studio” at: 708 Broadway building. Ad: “Training in Announcing, Newscasting, Acting, Commentating. Prepare now for the fast-growing opportunities in radio.” Bill was Director and Don was Supervisor. On May 1, 1947 Bill Sawyer began hosting one of the most popular local radio programs in Portland “Make Believe Ballroom” on KWJJ & KPRA (FM) and later on KPDQ. On August 9, 1948 “Portland Announcing Studio” became “Northwest Broadcasting School” and moved to 1231 S.W. 12th Ave. Later Bill turned “Northwest Broadcasting School” into a thriving correspondence school.