Bill Cosby–Who do you believe?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    jerry1949
    Spectator

Some credible women have come forward. It’s now up to 9 who claim sexual abuse and/or rape.

Listener_Pete
    Participant

I want to believe Bill Cosby, but frankly I don’t know. I think it a shame NBC took down the series The Cosby Show. The whole controversy has destroyed him. 🙁

Andy Brown
    Participant

I think Bill Cosby’s net worth in excess of $400 million is a big factor in all this. I am not saying that there wasn’t some hanky panky going on, but the accuser I saw on the news the other night clearly was so over the top acting that it threw doubt into any notion that there has been any rape or non consensual sex of any kind, especially since the old claims never had sufficient factual basis for the D.A. to prosecute back ten years ago. More alleged victims coming out of the closet now only reinforces my consideration of the fact that he is the 2nd wealthiest black actor there is. The fact that he settled an earlier claim years ago is hardly any admission of guilt beyond being of the mind that proving his innocence would only generate bad publicity as well as a big legal bill.

Broadway
    Participant

This is a joke…remember Herman Cain? These people erupt then disappear due to non-evidence and destroy people…sad.

skeptical
    Participant

If anybody partipicated in a rape, they need to be jailed for a long time and head piked upon death.

That said, making a police report is vital. At least within a few years of the crime to allow for emotional recovery

People coming out of the woodwork decades later and no police report should be ignored unless they’ve compelling evidence, like videotape.

warner
    Participant

Wow. You guys are kind of amazing. You are saying 16 (and counting) different women all made up the same story, independently?

As Cosby said years ago, “Riiiiiiiiight..”

Andy Brown
    Participant

400 million 16 ways is still a powerful motivation to join a group lie. No one has anything beyond he said she said evidence. Bring it or go home. People can be incredibly evil when they see a quick buck. Just because they had sex with him doesn’t mean there was any law broken. Bill might not want to boast about it like Wilt did.

Mrs.Merkin
    Participant

Andy, I must say I’m surprised at your opinion.

I’m with Warner.

P.S. What does “…the the fact that he is the 2nd wealthiest black actor there is…” have to do with anything? His skin color is irrelevant.

paulwalker
    Participant

And, as far as I know, nobody ever accused Wilt the Stilt of rape.

These incidents apparently date from the late 80’s and early 90’s. Perhaps many of these women felt there was no gain in accusing one of tv’s biggest stars at the time.

However, I do believe Cosby’s silence is hurting him. He needs a major interview to give his side of the story. It has gotten to that point now, and is his only option to save face.

paulwalker
    Participant

Question is, where is the big interview today? From a media perspective, who can command the audience for such an interview? Barbara Walters is 98% retired. Perhaps a Kimmel or Fallon might be the place, or even Letterman, but he has some of his own baggage. If Cosby chooses this route, this will be a huge “get”.

Andy Brown
    Participant

“P.S. What does “…the the fact that he is the 2nd wealthiest black actor there is…” have to do with anything? His skin color is irrelevant.”

Not the color of his skin, the color of all that money. LIke I said, this is all so dated it smells bad. Lawyers and shakedown tactics of a wealthy person in the public eye is not a new phenomenon. I’m reserving final judgement but I’m leaning towards there is little to no truth about rape or other heinous acts. Sorry, Mrs. M.

skeptical
    Participant

“You are saying 16 (and counting) different women all made up the same story, independently?”

In the land of Jerry Springer and Honey Boo Boo? You betcha.

Like I said, these people should step forward and cut off the perps’ balls when it’s hot or at least when it’s still lukewarm.

warner
    Participant

You guys are really dissapointing me. Think. Read the accounts. You really believe it’s all made up?

Vitalogy
    Participant

People that believe Cosby in innocent of wrong doing are in denial. Similar to the OJ defenders.

Bill Cosby was funny 25 years ago. Make that 40 years ago. He’s been an asshole for the last 10-15 years though. He comes off as a cranky old man who has no clue where he came from and claims the ultimate entitlement of a funny guy that made it big and pisses on his fellow people below him.

I carry a grain of salt larger than the comet that just had a drone landed on it. Especially when it comes to celebrities getting accused. However, there’s just no way this many women that have similar stories are ALL lying.

On one hand, I’m saddened that someone so respected may be just the opposite. But at this point in time, Cosby’s silence says a lot. It leads me to believe that among all the charges, that some of them are true.

jerry1949
    Spectator

Maybe I’m being naive but I had the impression many of these women came forward as a matter of principle and are not looking for any money.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.