BIG changes coming at 102.9/750 The Game

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio BIG changes coming at 102.9/750 The Game

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    semoochie
    Participant

Pat, the point I was trying to make is that News/Talk, whether on AM or FM, is slowly dying. At some point, it would make sense to put it on a weaker FM, simulcast and just let it ease away. 101 could be used for something with growth potential, which may or not be WE.

W7PAT
    Participant

I was agreeing with you. 🙂

kansasduck
    Participant

Really, Dino Costa? I don’t think Issac and Suke have anything to worry about. A simple google search on Costa will tell you a great deal about him. A pretty shocking move by Alpha and in my opinion, not in a good way.

I thought the announcement was coming from the station on Monday…but lo and behold, Costa apparently makes the reveal on Twitter last night. And, by the way, welcome to pdxradio.com, Mr. Costa, or should I refer to you as “TheKrays”??? Let the games begin…I’ll take the under on this one, Brent….

https://bustedcoverage.com/2016/03/21/sports-radio-host-dino-costa-waits-one-week-in-st-louis-before-attacking-women/

http://cantstopthebleeding.com/dino-costa-castigator-bonkers-radio-host-threatened-my-life

warner
    Participant

OMG! This guy won’t last 5 weeks in PDX! A Rush wannabe sports host won’t fly in this town. This is hilarious. I’m so glad I quit 750 about a year ago after getting fed up with Canzano. But this, this is going to be a disaster. I do feel sorry for Chop, who I always liked. But he’ll find work.

warner
    Participant

Oh, by the way, his Wiki is already updated:

Dino Costa
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Dino Costa is the former host of The Dino Costa Show, which was broadcast from 2009-13 weeknights on the Mad Dog Radio channel on SiriusXM. He is currently the afternoon host for Portland sports radio station KXTG AM 750 The Game.

kansasduck
    Participant

Right on, Warner, another good soldier gets “Chopped” at Alpha. So very glad I did not accept a job with them a few years ago. Got out of FT radio for good after 30+ years and am fortunate I did. Some from the inside might think Alpha is a good thing (or will be removed for saying otherwise), but I think the veterans of the business from outside that building know that the “Dog” is a hot mess.

Andy Brown
    Participant

“Some from the inside might think Alpha is a good thing (or will be removed for saying otherwise)”

and they have but it doesn’t change the facts:

Alpha is just another mega owner wanna bee that buys up licenses mainly from owners in distress, clear cuts the staff and puts in automation or distant city voice tracking. What they fail to understand is that there is no working business model for owning that many stations that hasn’t failed. They haven’t figured out that they are not immune to gravity in the form of public sentiment which fyi is not driven by their own people but rather their prime competitive medium, the internet. It pisses them off (just like it does drumpf) that they can’t control the voices on forum discussion boards like this one, where the actual truth about their modus operandi are written about.

As far as sports-talk radio on AM, it’s dying.

The Death Spiral of AM Talk Radio

OH but wait! Here comes kray to tell us all how wonderful and smart Alpha is. What vomit.

Craig_Adams
    Participant

Here’s what North America is reading from All Access:

KXTG (102.9/750 The Game)/Portland Adds Dino Costa To Afternoons

ALPHA MEDIA Sports KXTG (102.9/750 the game)/PORTLAND, OR, has added DINO COSTA to its afternoon lineup starting MONDAY, JUNE 5th, from 3p-7p (PT).

COSTA comes from SIRIUSXM, where he broadcast his show for five years, making several appearances on the FOX NEWS channel. Prior to that, he was on in DENVER on THE RADIO COLORADO NETWORK, and served as a studio analyst for the COLORADO ROCKIES during the 2005-’06 season. He also hosted his own sports television show there, “Raw Sports with DINO COSTA,” which aired on FOX SPORTS ROCKY MOUNTAIN.

In 2011, DINO hosted a 10-part series for the MADISON SQUARE GARDEN NETWORK in NEW YORK,; “Who Wore It Best,” a series documenting NEW YORK uniform numbers and the players that wore them and was the recipient of an EMMY AWARD.

“I am thrilled to bring a radio star like DINO COSTA to THE GAME,” ALPHA MEDIA PORTLAND OM BRUCE COLLINS said. “Get ready, PORTLAND, for an entertaining, informative, fun ride each day on your way home. DINO has demonstrated the ability to build and sustain an audience wherever he has been, and we look forward to him being the dominate sports radio personality in the ROSE CITY.”

“I’m thrilled and humbled by this extraordinary opportunity and look forward to working with everyone at ALPHA MEDIA to produce a sports radio show that leaves an indelible mark on PORTLAND,” COSTA said. “I look forward to justifying the enormous faith of those who brought me to the ROSE CITY with a radio show that resonates with listeners and marketing partners.”

W7PAT
    Participant

Well that was a waste on any excitement.

paulwalker
    Participant

Local talk sportsradio in Portland is limited.

What do you talk about? How Oregon’s football program has collapsed? How the Blazers continue to be mediocre year after year? Timbers? Not sure what a local Portland sports show can really produce at this point. But, good luck to Dino. He doesn’t have much to work with.

warner
    Participant

My question is, why would he want to come here? He’s been pretty national, or at least larger market, for a long time. And is he actually coming here, or is this being tracked from somewhere else? And yes, Paul, we don’t have as much to discuss locally. So this all seems a bit odd.

warner
    Participant

It also looks like the Seattle guys are out already. The 9-12 slot is now going to be Justin & Devon, whoever they are.

i suspect this article contains the reasoning for Costa….

http://www.mensjournal.com/magazine/dino-costa-the-angriest-man-on-the-airwaves-20121025

warner
    Participant

Gee he sounds nice…

Alfredo_T
    Participant

Costa and Michael Savage seem to be cut from the same cloth!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.