BIG changes coming at 102.9/750 The Game

feedback.pdxradio.com forums feedback.pdxradio.com forums Portland Radio BIG changes coming at 102.9/750 The Game

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    W7PAT
    Participant

The Mariners and Seahawks are a better fit for a Vancouver Station, say 910 (where it was) or 1550.
    In addition, they now have the Portland Pickles on a Vancouver station, the Hillsboro Hops on a Portland Station. Next thing you know, cats and dogs will be living together.

semoochie
    Participant

910 hasn’t had a Vancouver “lean” for over 58 years! I seriously doubt if you’ll find anyone outside of broadcasting who knows they’re still licensed there.

TheKrays
    Participant

The Brock & Salk show was and is a terrible fit for Portland and it is no wonder they have not been able to draw flies to that show since they debuted. Found out today that The Game will be announcing a new PM drive show and a new midday affair as well. These shows need to be announced soon, so you would think they’ll be saying something before the end of the week. I think.

El_Chico
    Participant

How can they get away with broadcasting their programming on K221BI 92.1 Wenatchee, WA?

paulwalker
    Participant

I can’t speak for that translator specifically, but ESPN Seattle (710) is airing on Eastern Washington stations, including KJOX 1340 Tri-Cities, and 1510 KGA Spokane. Perhaps others, but I don’t have the entire lineup.

duxrule
    Participant

Some of this could be coming through the huge changes that are being made at ESPN, both on radio and TV. They’re breaking up “Mike and Mike,” bringing in Trey Wingo to blather with Mike Golic, while Greenberg is going to TV for a new show. Other main lineup changes are being made, as well. This comes just a week or so after the big bloodletting at ESPN, with more than 100 on-air people cut loose.

Notalent
    Participant

Sounds like Clayton is out at ESPN too!! No mention of the local show on 710am.

Screamer
    Participant

Clayton tweeted that he will still have his radio show on 710 ESPN in Seattle.

warner
    Participant

They just posted “big changes on Monday” on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/1029TheGame/

paulwalker
    Participant

Seattle’s Brock and Salk were just a placeholder. They will likely be gone. And the funny thing is they probably knew this from the beginning, thus not even attempting to offer ANYTHING Portland. The show is marginal IMO, even in Seattle, as it is argumentative and/or silly 90% of the time. Why this is #1 in sports in Seattle is beyond me.

TheKrays
    Participant

Good point about Brock & Salk being number one in Seattle. I haven’t been able to listen to that show since the first few days it was on the air here. Salk failed terribly in Boston before heading back to Seattle.

While wondering how B&S is number one in Seattle, a better question might be how 1080 has the number one sports show in this city. Isaac & Suke is dreadfully bad radio on the ears, today, yesterday, and tomorrow. Maybe they’re success can be attributed to being in the market for so long, or that 1080 was really the very first sports station…or maybe it is an indictment on the lack of talent from a talk radio perspective in our city.

W7PAT
    Participant

Maybe they’ll move sports over to 970 and do something different with 750. Just a thought.

semoochie
    Participant

I think they’ll return the KXL simulcast to 750 and swap programming on 101 with 96.3, if not now, sometime in the future.

W7PAT
    Participant

Semoochie: That would work. Make 96.3 KXL-FM and simulcast 750 KXL.

TheKrays
    Participant

Holy shit! Alpha just changed sports radio in Portland in an amazing way. Are you kidding me? How did they do this?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.