Bernie’s army in disarray

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Vitalogy 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Vitalogy
    Participant

Bernie Sanders’ top operatives formed “Our Revolution” after he lost the 2016 primaries to keep his army organized and motivated — and potentially prepare for another presidential run in 2020.

But an extensive review of the Sanders-inspired group depicts an organization in disarray — operating primarily as a promotional vehicle for its leader and sometimes even snubbing candidates aligned with Sanders. Our Revolution has shown no ability to tip a major Democratic election in its favor — despite possessing Sanders’ email list, the envy of the Democratic Party — and can claim no major wins in 2018 as its own.

The result has left many Sanders supporters disillusioned, feeling that the group that was supposed to harness the senator’s grass-roots movement is failing in its mission. The problems have also fueled doubts about Sanders’ organizational ability heading into 2020, even after his out-of-nowhere near-march to the nomination two years ago. Critics of the Vermont independent had been worried he’d have a juggernaut-in-waiting to fuel a second presidential campaign, but that anxiety has faded after watching Our Revolution the past year and a half.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/05/21/bernie-sanders-democrats-2018-599331

And Nina Turner for President? Good luck with that, she’s a major turn off.

missing_kskd
    Participant

Politico parroting others.

Your post is right on time. That message went out a few days ago, and I’ve been watching it play out on the net.

On a side note, that whole album is peak Simple Minds. I had forgotten just how great it is.

Enjoy.

Andy Brown
    Participant

Bernie will run and win his seat in 2018, but beyond New England’s borders any national influence has waned. Once the presidential primary run begins in earnest in 2019, his name will be in the middle third of the race and his Army will begin to disintegrate into smaller less influential fragments. His folks are not the Democratic Party base. The Democratic base will be looking for someone young, high energy, and highly anti drumpf Republican.

edselehr
    Participant

I agree, Andy. I would love to see Biden run in 2020, but he’s just too old. The next wave of the Democratic Party needs to happen now, but the figureheads can’t be AARP eligible.

missing_kskd
    Participant

There is going to be a raw fight in 2020. Very large numbers of people under 35 do not agree with those sentiments. Almost nobody about the issues cares about age.

And those people are both anti-trump, and anti status quo economic policy.

Being high-energy anti-trump isn’t enough.

cbaravelli
    Participant

Senators Cory Booker and Kamala Harris.
    Please support Washington Governor Jay Inslee for President so he will leave the State.

Brianl
    Participant

Cbaravelli – be careful what you wish for!

Vitalogy
    Participant

I’d consider voting for Inslee.

Not yet sold on Harris or Booker as a viable candidate. But willing to listen.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.